3DCoat Forums

Paint mode: transform, spline text tools not working

It feels like nothing that requires the Enter key to confirm its action is working in 4.8.20. I have also loaded up 4.8.16 and found that transformation works but the line text tool does not.

I'm using a standard QWERTY keyboard and the amateur edition. Adding a Cancel/Confirm button to the panels would be a nice stand-in for completion's sake as well.

Are there any diagnostics I can run that would help solve this? I just installed 4.5 and both of these tools work fine, so I don't think it's something at my end.

Edited by Antidamage

• Reputable Contributor
30 minutes ago, Antidamage said:

It feels like nothing that requires the Enter key to confirm its action is working in 4.8.20. I have also loaded up 4.8.16 and found that transformation works but the line text tool does not.

I'm using a standard QWERTY keyboard and the amateur edition. Adding a Cancel/Confirm button to the panels would be a nice stand-in for completion's sake as well.

Are there any diagnostics I can run that would help solve this? I just installed 4.5 and both of these tools work fine, so I don't think it's something at my end.

I just tested the Copy Transform tool in 4.8.19 & 4.8.20L and it works correctly when hitting the ENTER key. Try closing the app > deleting the MyDocs/3D Coat 4.8/ Options.xml file. Then restart the app. I was getting some funky behavior when hitting the END key to assign a hotkey. It was changing the shader on the selected layer. Til I took the same steps.

That file can get corrupted once in a blue moon and cause bug-like behavior.

Just tried deleting every options config file, the behaviour didn't change.

The only thing I haven't mentioned yet is when I hit enter the title bar briefly changes to "9%" then reverts and nothing happens. Going to try the beta now.

Update: these functions are also not working in the latest beta.

Edited by Antidamage

2 hours ago, Antidamage said:

I can't confirm your bug in the pro version. I haven't tested it in the amateur edition.

I've tested it with v.4.8.20 and the default sphere model, that is delivered with 3D-Coat in paint room. The ENTER key works like expected with the Spline Text Tool.
The same result for Transform/Copy Tool. All is fine here, too.

What system are you using?

Wat is your hardware configuration? Especiylly the graphics card.