3DCoat Forums

Mesh disappearing in Retopo room.

Beddall

Hey,

I saw someone else post a topic about the mesh disappearing in the retopo room but they marked it as solved and I'm not sure it is solved.  

I also have this problem and it seems to me that it is very much a bug that didn't seem to be in previous versions of 3D-Coat. I've always found 3DC to be the best retopo solution I've come across, but currently it's bordering on unusable in my pipeline due to the mesh disappearing every few seconds. 

Moving the mouse over the mesh for more than a couple of seconds will cause the mesh to disappear every time. 100% repo. It's not that the view of the camera has changed, the viewport is simply displaying nothing but the environment background.  No grid, no axis, no mesh, no nothing. The only way to bring it back is to frame all, but that's not really a solution when it's disappearing every few seconds. 

It seems to happen more reliably when using a tool that has selection highlight overlays. 

Is this a known issue? is there a proper fix? 

I can't take it any more.. is there somewhere or some way to revert to a previous release? I bought it through Steam so I guess that might be a bit of an issue... :(

Edited by Beddall

Hello. Perhaps you saw my post. I was having a different issue.

I was trying to do retopo on a mesh imported directly into the Retopo, instead of importing it to Sculpt room first.

I am a noob here, but maybe what would help is if you record your screen to show what is happening would help. OBS Studio is a free program which lets you capture your screen.

• 1 year later...
On 8/26/2018 at 5:11 AM, Beddall said:

Hey,

I saw someone else post a topic about the mesh disappearing in the retopo room but they marked it as solved and I'm not sure it is solved.  

I also have this problem and it seems to me that it is very much a bug that didn't seem to be in previous versions of 3D-Coat. I've always found 3DC to be the best retopo solution I've come across, but currently it's bordering on unusable in my pipeline due to the mesh disappearing every few seconds. 

Moving the mouse over the mesh for more than a couple of seconds will cause the mesh to disappear every time. 100% repo. It's not that the view of the camera has changed, the viewport is simply displaying nothing but the environment background.  No grid, no axis, no mesh, no nothing. The only way to bring it back is to frame all, but that's not really a solution when it's disappearing every few seconds. 

It seems to happen more reliably when using a tool that has selection highlight overlays. 

Is this a known issue? is there a proper fix? 

I can't take it any more.. is there somewhere or some way to revert to a previous release? I bought it through Steam so I guess that might be a bit of an issue... :(

I don't have a solution for you but can confirm this infuriating situation. Hav you solved it? For me its happening in both sculpt room and retopo. :(

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 2:38 AM, Carlosan said:

Hi

Which 3DC version are you using ?

Are your OS and graphics drivers uptodate ?

Same situation happen using version DX or GL ?

Hi Carlosan. I never saw your post until now.

I'm using macOS 10.14.6 

Its the 'GL64' version I believe. I'm unsure where I can change that.

At the time of my last post it was 3D Coat version 4.9.04. 

Same is happening in version 4.9.34 and I'm about to try 4.9.37

This wasn't happening for the past two days I've been working on the model - then after retopo work for awhile, the screen is going crazy, flickering, loosing my model etc.

It's impossible to work that way. 

If anyone has a solution I'd like to hear!

Thanks in advance!

--shift studio.

• Advanced Member

I have a similar issue in the retopo room using 4.9.34 GL. I happens mostly when I use the quad tool. I also had this issue with 4.9.33 GL. I just posted about it in this thread.

• 1 year later...