3DCoat Forums

New Features: Curve Presets and drag and drop functionality on Smart Material channels

jtrner

I don't know if this is the right place to request for additional features, but it would be great if Andrew would add Curve Presets and the ability to save the customized curves when adjusting the smart material channel using texture maps. I find myself always going back and forth just to recreate the same curves if I want it to be the same between the different channels and different layers. If I have 3 layers with 3 grayscale maps with customized curves on each layer, then it would take me 9 iterations just to have the "same" curves on each channels. I know that I can just modify the maps outside 3D coat and use Photoshop but it would be awesome if this feature is built-in right inside 3D coat.

Another feature that would help imo, is a feature that would let us "drag and drop" the texture maps between the different channels when creating or modifying smart materials. I know a lot of artists would like to use the "same" grayscale grunge / noise map. In this case, it would be great if after browsing and selecting the grunge map, artists can just drag that same grunge map and drop it to the other channels, avoiding the need to open a dialog box and selecting the map. Like dragging the grunge map on the Color channel into the Roughness channel using middle-mouse button. Because it is very common for artists to have a whole lot of library of grayscale grunge maps and scrolling inside this library just to select a single map is a bit tiresome. 

I know these are probably a "small" features, but imo small features like these adds up and I believe would help a lot of artists to speed up their workflow.