3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Can't Sculpt, a selector shows instead

When I try to use most of the tools in the Voxel Scupting menu, just drags out a selector and then applies a change.  I am under 4.8.20 in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with the MESA drivers. Weird thing is I can use the Windows one I own under Steam (through Steam Play) just fine. HELP!

556260102_Screenshotfrom2018-09-1512-40-54.thumb.png.a51ab0ba5fcbd2981463a6744118b2c8.png799122591_Screenshotfrom2018-09-1512-40-09.thumb.png.1ec160ae363d485125c11c5428a93af8.png

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Can't Sculpt, a selector shows instead
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm having this same problem on windows 10 using the program downloaded from the website. I've tried both the opengl and direct launchers and have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still have the problem.

Hello 

Are you trying different strokes and like to try latest version? Please check this video series

Welcome to an overview of 3D-Coat; a fantastic 3d sculpting, retopology, and texturing painting application. In this tutorial series, I will be going over the basics of 3D-Coat. We'll discuss the basics of the sculpting tools, voxel and surface based workflows, retopology, texturing, and more!

This tutorial series is intended for absolute newcomers to 3D-Coat. I will not be going over every single tool and will gloss over the advanced features. 

I hope you enjoy this series and find it useful!