3DCoat Forums

Undo inconvenience

chr1

I've been using 3d-coat for a long time, and I have found it to be a persistent inconvenience that whenever I undo something, the tool that is selected changes. I suppose that the intent is to revert to the tool that was in use at the step you have stepped back to, but it never seems to really work this way, and it is not generally what I want to have happen.

Most of the time when I click undo it is because I have made a brush-stroke with one tool that didn't look quite right, and I want to try again. Unfortunately, IMO, trying a brush-stroke a second time also usually involves re-selecting the tool that I was using.

I only made a brief search, but I don't see other threads which mention this, so perhaps I'm alone in finding this undo tool-switch to be undesirable, but I thought I'd put it out there in case there are others who feel like me... I hope I've described the situation clearly!

• Like 1

If you created a setting for a tool that serves a specific purpose in your workflow, there are two ways to keep that information. One is duplicating the tool. RMB over the tool.

Duplicate.jpg

The other is adding that tool to your preset library. Windows > Popups > Tool Presets

ToolPreset.jpg

Hope that help.