3DCoat Forums

[Solved} Alightning vertices on a straight line in Retopo

Makketronics

Is there a feature to alight the vertices in a straight line? For example, if I have an edge made of 5 vertices, they may have coordinates: (2.1, ...), (1.8, ...), (2.2, ...), (2.0, ...), (2.01, ...), but I would like to set them all together to 2.0 so that the edge looks straight.

I've seen the video with the snake, but that doesn't really solve the problem since it is for UV, and it is "relatively" straight compared to other edges. It won't solve the problem for hard surface modelling.

If there is no way, how do you guys make your edges for hard surface retopoed mesh look straight?!!

By the way, I also looked at the scripting. I didn't see a way to access selected vertices. If scripts allow us to access selected edges and vertices, I can write this (and many  other features) myself.

Thank you.

Edited by Makketronics

Hi 

The user asked for 

- Alightning vertices on a straight line in Retopo 

and i attached a video showing 

- How to straighten UV edgeloops

May be your explorer cache is full and link to another video ? Try to flush it. 

And always if you have another solution or workflow, will be nice if you share your solution with us.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

The user asked for 

- Alightning vertices on a straight line in Retopo 

and i attached a video showing 

- How to straighten UV edgeloops

May be your explorer cache is full and link to another video ? Try to flush it. 

And always if you have another solution or workflow, will be nice if you share your solution with us.

I've seen the video with the snake, but that doesn't really solve the problem since it is for UV, and it is "relatively" straight compared to other edges. It won't solve the problem for hard surface modelling.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved} Alightning vertices on a straight line in Retopo