3DCoat Forums

Another Clever Retopo Plugin

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, L'Ancien Regime said:

That's the problem with 3dsMax; great plug ins like Hair Farm, but who wants to get into Max itself at this point?

I have been a long time 3ds Max user and love it. Especially with all the cool plugins for it. But it is really expensive to rent (month to month). That's why I've been looking around and still haven't really settled on a home 3D app yet. I'm really hoping AD will come out with an Indie version of 3ds Max, but I'm not holding my breath. Corporations are all about maximizing profits for their shareholders, so that won't fly.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

I have been a long time 3ds Max user and love it. Especially with all the cool plugins for it. But it is really expensive to rent (month to month). That's why I've been looking around and still haven't really settled on a home 3D app yet. I'm really hoping AD will come out with an Indie version of 3ds Max, but I'm not holding my breath. Corporations are all about maximizing profits for their shareholders, so that won't fly.

Does Autodesk have too many irons in the fire?

• Reputable Contributor
10 hours ago, L'Ancien Regime said:

Does Autodesk have too many irons in the fire?

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but 3ds Max is still their best selling 3D application, believe it or not. Always has been. I've heard from people who know the numbers and it's never been close. A lot of that is because of the enormity of the Arch Viz sector, compared to the Entertainment industry.

• Advanced Member

Johnathan Williamson and his team created a very similar plugin for Blender called Retopoflow 2.0. The functionality and look are very similar if not direct copies of each other.

• Like 2