3DCoat Forums

Animated Checker Pattern After Unifying UV Maps

MattVG

Hello,

I texture painted a model composed of various objects that all use the same texture. Each object was UV unwrapped (in Blender) and packed such that they all fit next to each other so I can use a single texture. I brought this model into 3D-Coat, textured it, exported the texture, then realized I need to update one of the objects. I updated it, then imported the object into 3D-coat. I'm not sure exactly how to get the updated object to use the same texture all the other objects are using, but unifying the UVs seemed a good shot.  After unifying the UVs, applying the changes, and moving back to the Paint room, every object is now textured by an animated checker pattern.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for the help.

Thank you for posting the video, though it doesn't address my issue.

I have a little robot. I added a name plate to it. I want 3D-Coat to use the same image texture atlas for the name plate that the rest of the robot uses so I don't have to re-texture everything. Instead I receive an animated checker pattern across every part of the robot.

Edited by MattVG

The animated checker pattern did look exactly like the freeze tool, but now I'm getting a sort of black noise across the model when I unify UVs. Freezing and unfreezing didn't help this new issue.

2018-10-20_14h38_49.png.52c3b1327e48225ee1f445abf2d3d558.png

I didn't find any such command in the Retopo room and Show Voxels in Paint Room is off, nor were there any old objects, but I did discover that if I Unified the UVs, deleted the unused Surface Materials, then Applied the UV-Set, everything looks good in the Paint Room.

Edited by MattVG
  • Like 1