3DCoat Forums

You need to have some very basic workflow videos for non-3dcoat users

wisdomknighT

There are alot of 3d printer users that would love some of the features in 3DC Printing.

Just the supports generation alone is worth the cost.

I know I can probably sell this to dozens of our customers.

But sadly I cant even use this program and im an advanced Zbrush/3d artist!

Just something as simple as importing an STL and generating supports and then exporting it our is absolutely ridiculous!

I have been trying all night and all morning and still cant get a usable hi res model in after import.

Most people that I know that would be interested in this software would import STL files.

So unless there is instructions on how to get usable hi-resolution STL models into 3DC I cant see many people using this.

Its a real shame, because the support generation/creation is top notch!

I know so many people who would buy this right now if it worked correctly

• Reputable Contributor
22 hours ago, wisdomknighT said:

Most people that I know that would be interested in this software would import STL files.

So unless there is instructions on how to get usable hi-resolution STL models into 3DC I cant see many people using this.

Its a real shame, because the support generation/creation is top notch!

I know so many people who would buy this right now if it worked correctly

Why does there need to be different instructions on importing STL models vs other formats? It still comes in as a polygonal/faceted object. If you see low resolution results when applying an imported object, in VOXEL mode, it's likely because the layer doesn't have enough resolution. When working with Voxels, you are working with PIXELS, not geometry (3DCoat displays the model using an adaptive outer mesh, but all the work one does is actually on the volume/voxels....3DCoat then adapts the mesh to fit the volume).

For this reason, you have to think like you are working in Photoshop. How do you want to deal with resolution....small document, but need crisp text and graphics? Then you need to increase the DPI. Do you want to leave the DPI alone and just work with a really large document? In 3DCoat Scale of the object in the scene = scale of document in PS. Increasing resolution on a layer = increasing DPI in PS.