3DCoat Forums

Hardcore Paint Tutorials

EvilMP

I was searching out some hardcore painting tutorials for 3D coat and was not having that great of luck. Does anyone know or have any links to such a specific area of 3D coat. I have already watched the Pilgway created ones but they are pretty much an overview. I am trying to make 3D coat my one stop shop for almost everything now. I stopped using substance painter because the updates are getting a bit ridiculous for my taste. Always having to go back and learn a procedure all over again because either I haven't touched that part of the software or don't even need it. 

It just seems more logical to me to try and become a master of one or two pieces of software like 3D coat and Blender (Hard Surface). Then trying to master like four or five. 

I will go over these again, I just feel there is so much more to 3D coat and that I am not even scratching the surface of what it can do. I will have to dedicate some hardcore time into and see what it truly is capable of. The Pilgway videos are just quick OK, here is how you do this, not enough down and dirty for me to solidify a technique.

Deep down from messing around I think 3D coat can kick the crap out of substance painter, the problem is not everyone uses the software in that fashion. I did some basic painting on the included models with some of the items I purchased from Michael which were amazing especially when I moved them into Instant Light for production renders. 

I really haven't had the time to mess around with Renderman and learn all the specifics on it yet.