3DCoat Forums

Pose tool for single/multiple layers

pickers

• Advanced Member

I have two qns for pose tool.

1) How do i use pose tool for single or multiple layers?

I have separate objects belonging to a single layer but i cant get them to be selected as an entire layer or as multiple layers.

Selection for a single object (as shown with the bookcase below )didnt get certain parts selected.

2) the pose selection is kinda hit and miss as well. What can i do to ensure proper pose selection.

posetool.PNG

Edited by pickers

• Reputable Contributor

There is a checkbox in the Toolbar (above the viewport) to Work "THROUGH ALL LAYERS" and to make an accurate selection with the line or ring selection mode, you would want to hit NUM 5 to toggle into Orthographic view. In 4.8.25SL build, there is a snapping option in the Tool Options panel at the top, but Andrew needs to fix it. It will snap the end point, but 3DCoat still creates a gradient between the 1st point and your cursor....which may not be directly over the 2nd point. 

Until he fixes that, go to the VIEW menu > click 2D Grid + SNAP 2D GRID. Now you can have 3DCoat snap to the grid points.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Thanks that helps. But the pose tool seems to have some limitation on the empty bookcase scenario. I have to keep using pose tool to make sure all shelves are pose selected or doing invert selection.

Is there a way to have all separate objects in a layer to be pose selected?