3DCoat Forums

Hi ! I am a noob here... I started painting this after I model it in surface mode. In some points including all the grass the texture is very bad looking. The images that I am using to texture are 2048x2048 pixels or bigger. The preview looks awesome... I read the topic about the preview and understand that they will not look the same. But as you can see there are some points with very big difference. I marked the with red. I want to obtain the quality from the preview if possible or at least the good zones (marked with blue). Is a bad mesh surface or something ? (for me it looks like the surface is the problem, what s the best tool to divide the surface ?... or something like that). I imported it from rhino exported as .STL and has over 50 million triangles. Thank you !

problema textura.jpg

Another thought. If you're just in surface mode and didn't have a UV map, then it's just coloring the vertices (points) on the mesh, not actually painting on an image. In that case having more points will give you more detail. So areas that don't look good might have a low poly count. You could tell by hitting W to see the wireframe.

Thanks a lot ! I am using Live Clay with 0% depth and the texture is working very fine is just like the preview !! this soft is amazing. I will try the UV map to see which I prefer most. I just want to ask another question. I have 50 millions polygons Is there a way to reduce them without loosing details ? maybe is another tool that I don't know about.

If you want to keep complete control over your decimation and still keep the details you want go with decimate/reduce brushes, you can manually remove polygons in unnecessary areas and keep the right amount where you want.