3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Brush and eraser fuctions flipped by default

Hello,

Im currently using a Huion Kamvas Pro 22. When I first starting using this with 3D Coat, everything worked fine! Well I got a new SSD and reinstalled windows and all of my programs. Now for some reason, my Huion pen only erases by default. Selecting brushes or anything else doesnt do anything. I know the Huion software has a "switch brush" mode which is off, but 3D Coat still defaults to eraser mode on the pen no matter what I do. This is only an issue with 3D Coat. I haven't experienced this in Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Painter or anything else. I even tested my old Wacom to find out the Wacom works normal. Any help would be appreciated as this is beyond frustrating and has wasted a lot of my time.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Randomguy_j,

I have a Huion Kamvas GT-191, and I was having the same problem as you. In 3D coat I had no problem sculpting on a Huion Tablet. But when I started texturing it erases all the color information. Don't turn off switch mode (Digital Pen Tab), keep it on, or reset settings to default. Allow administrative permission in the Huion App, and hit apply. In 3dCoat open up a simple sphere scene, and try painting on it. If it's not painting click on the button (switch button) closest to the tip of the pen. It should change, and it'll paint this time. Let me know if that works for you. 

Best,

Joel

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Brush and eraser fuctions flipped by default
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the response, Joel!

I tried resetting preferences before but it didnt work but just for sh#ts and giggles, I tried it again and now it works. Not sure why its deciding to work as intended now but glad to know Im not the only one who had this problem.

Thanks again, man :)

Matt

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2018 at 11:13 PM, joel0827 said:

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. It was sooooo frustrating, but THIS GUY got the answer right, and I was able to get out of permanent eraser mode. 

1. Go to HuionTablet stylus setting- make sure "switch mode" is still on

2. Go into photoshop, or whatever software you're using, hover your stylus OVER the Paint Brush tool and click the lower button ( which is in "switch mode") and the brush will come back.

3. Go back to stylus setting and unblock the "switch brush " to end the problem FOREVER lol

Hey Randomguy_j,

I have a Huion Kamvas GT-191, and I was having the same problem as you. In 3D coat I had no problem sculpting on a Huion Tablet. But when I started texturing it erases all the color information. Don't turn off switch mode (Digital Pen Tab), keep it on, or reset settings to default. Allow administrative permission in the Huion App, and hit apply. In 3dCoat open up a simple sphere scene, and try painting on it. If it's not painting click on the button (switch button) closest to the tip of the pen. It should change, and it'll paint this time. Let me know if that works for you. 

Best,

Joel