3D Coat Forums
nnovama

how can i change settings to make perfect cubes in constructor? i am very new to 3d coat

hello

how and where to change settings to make perfect cubes with constructor?

i have attached a photo to show they have rounded corners, how to make them flat?

im a new and noob here,

thankyou

Screenshot 2018-12-07 at 03.34.00 AM.png

Hi 

It seems that many people don't know what's the difference between Resolution and Density in Voxel mode of 3D-Coat. Let me explain:

What's the difference between Density and Resolution ?

Suppose that a Voxel object is combined of 10000 small voxel unit.

1. Change Density will simply change the scale of the object in current space(please note each space/volume has it's own density). It will not change the number of it's voxel unit.

For example decrease Density twice will result in: Object size will twice as big as initial, but the number of it's voxel unit will not be changed, still keep 10000.

2. Change Resolution will change the actual number of it's voxel unit. For example degrade resoluion twice will result in: The number of it's voxel unit will become less, may be only 5000 left or even less.

How can I change Density and Resolution in Voxel?

1. Change Desnsity is quite easy. Just right click on corresponding "Volume" in VoxeTree panel, then choose "Decrease object 2X (increase density)" or "Increase object 2X (decrease density)".

2. You can increase the Resolution of voxel object by click "Inc. res" button in the left tool panel.

In current version(3.00.08), there is no perfect way to decrease resolution, but don't worry, it's on the to-do list.

Right click on "Volume", there is a commond named "Clone and degrade", it acts just like decrease resolution, but will create a new object(Volume) instead.

So what's on earth it is?

In shorty, Density in Voxel just like Scale in polygon world. Resolution in Voxel just like Subdivision in Polygon world. Not exactly, just a comparison.

Below is an example shown as picture:

1. The fisrt picture shows decrease resolution.

2. The second picture shows decrease density.

Hope this helps.

post-445-1250745276_thumb.jpg

Source...

• Like 2

thank you for answer but it didnt work for me.

i attached another photo, why corners like this. how to get rid of them.

that will make perfect cube voxel i think

thank you

Screenshot 2018-12-07 at 04.36.21 AM.png

Using voxel, perfect vertices are not posible without scaling up the density to 1.000.000 tris or more. 

You need high-end comp specs to achieve this.

Constructor works similar to http://voxelise.com

Try scaling up brick size. Default value is 50

On this pic example:

Up Brick  Size = 50 

Down Brick  Size = 10

image.png

Increase resolution of current object can help too.

Increase.jpg

thanks man for effort but corners are bugging me in constructor i cant get a clean edge

i guess i have to do it like old days, manual and slow

i made this in cinema4d as example outcome with clean and sharp edges 

screenshot007.png

screenshot006.png

Hi,

If I'm not mistaken, voxel mode in 3D Coat uses marching cubes algorithm to generate geometry. Therefore you will always get slightly rounded edges, no matter what voxel resolution you choose to work with. You can only minimize this effect.

If you want super sharp edges on cubes and still use something similar to Constructor tool, try surface mode and primitives tool with 3D grid set to appropriate spacing. Then, once you're done, retopologize the geometry to get rid of inner walls.