3D Coat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ambershore

[Bug] Calculated Curvature on Paint Tiling Planes

Greetings,

I have an issue when calculating  curvature, it shows artifacts on the default 3Dcoat tiling plane (new scene, Paint UV mapped mesh). These artifacts seem related to the tiling planes polygons (3Dcoat's default object, or imported one, same issue).

https://imgur.com/UZJESMM

https://imgur.com/dLARzKS

Any suggestions?

Hello 

Using latest version 4.8.28A i cant replicate this issue, sorry.

Edit > Preferences > General 

Switch Realtime padding to interpolated, it will help.

ao.jpg

Interpolated.jpg

tested on the same version too. I tried interpolated color, and each of the other kind of padding, same issue, halas. It's visible, of course, only when making the curvature map visible (only to check), but of wcourse it makes the smart materials, or any concave/convex condition painting practically unusable.

I even uninstalled, deleted all prefs / documents folders, reinstalled with defaults. the same. 

2018-12-12_132249.jpg

Sorry but still cant replicate.

Please send support-related questions to Andrew Shpagin at

support@3dcoat.com 

Thx

Curvature.jpg

@Carlosan Please look closer at your curvature, its bake is wrong in many ways, all artifacts explained by @Ambershore are aligned on geometry's edges. Clearly viewable on his bake as long as he may have used the new curvature bake system (where you can add a long range curvature, which is as issued as AO bake when it comes to bake overlapped UV islands). Look closer to all your geometry's edges, here are all the annoying artifacts. And I've spotted this exact same issue dozens of time but got 0 response nor fixes. And the issue is NOT only viewable on the basic tileplane, in fact, you just need to have overlapped UVs. More overlapped islands leads to even more issues, darker curvature ( instead of a 50% grey on planar surfaces), and also "triangle" artifacts over the whole overlapped areas.

I attached a file of your screen where I spotted parts that baked the wrong way in red. Look closer at them, and no need to tell you that a fix would be more than welcome.

Here are all images I've posted long time ago, and the issue is still here, baking 0 pixel on these edges...

TileIssue.thumb.jpg.941381c89558bcc530d9c25d4bab8c79.jpgTileIssue_Spotted.thumb.jpg.198b3db21282a84db5be8372f3622eba.jpgTileIssue_Spotted_AO.thumb.jpg.2b142d95b42c6d2b5eadf5b3f3359deb.jpg

3DCoat_Issue.tga

Edited by Vexod14
  • Like 2

Thx for your reply, very useful

- we got a reply

* Dev team is working on this issue.

• Thanks 1

Ow if this issue get fixed, 3DCoat could be even more the software of my dreams (it is already, I guess you know that ^^"). But being able to create tileable stuff without this overlapp issue could be so awesome, and will enable users to do all process inside 3DCoat. I'm so hyped ! More than Xmas ^^

lol I just ran into this a little while ago and sent the file to the support team. I guess they already knew about it. Now I know it's the curvature map. I guess for the time being I'll just generate it in other software.

Cheers! ^^

It's not only the curvature but I guess the baker itself, AO is bad too and at the exact same places =/

Dev team have reported some improvements on this issue, but it was not enough.

16.04.2019 4.8.38

- Fixed problems related to tiling and filling layer with material.

- Fixed a lot of errors related to curve modifiers and instancing volumes, loading/saving scenes with instances and modifiers.

- Fixed "To uniform + Undo" problem.

- Fixed problem of mesh exploding during extrude faces in retopo room.