3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Transparency Issues continue..

guats

Hey gang! Just thought I'd let the Devs know that on the latest version of 3DC (4.8.25 GL64) the transparency issues are still cropping up.

This gif shows a fresh layer having a smart material painted under another layer of thin dark lines. The layer above is somehow affected? The dark lines turn blue.

It may help to know that the previous material I used was not a material as such but just bright blue with the spec/gloss and normal selectors turned off. I guess it remembers that previous blue colour and places it in transparency of the layer above.

I look forward to this getting fixed.  Thanks again for your time. :)

Edited by guats

Okay I'll try to reproduce the issue. I ended up deleting the layer I was trying to paint on and that fixed it, that may be helpful info?

Just tried to reproduce the issue again in the beta version. Seems fine, but will keep you updated if I run into this again.

Thanks as always Calrosan.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heya, got similar issues once again.

I've made a gfycat vid of my latest colour/layer/transparency issues.

So I made this vid in v4.8.25 but I also then went and installed the new beta v4.8.32

Opening the same project/save file I got the exact same issue when I tried to paint.

I'll run down what's happening in the vid.

1. You can see that in the layer labeled 'RustDirt' that I'm getting a combination of the smart material I have selected and the red colour that is in my picker. Notice that the only area that shows the red colour is where it sits over the layer titled 'hand metal wear'

2. I made another layer (Layer 12) to see if it was a layer issue, sure enough that layer doesn't inherit the red from the picker.

3. About two thirds of the way through the vid I tried to merge the new layer (Layer 12) down onto the 'RustDirt' layer. This is what I would do to keep this material together on one layer with my preferred workflow. You can see the information from Layer 12 disappears when merged down.

I hope this helps to figure out whats going on with these issues. I'll keep posting when these come up and try to be as explicit as possible about whats happening as I know how elusive bug finding can be for coders.

Cheers keep up the good work. :)

https://gfycat.com/CookedMaleCardinal

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Transparency Issues continue..

Hey there,

I have zipped the scene file and put it on Mega Upload and since it would only compress down to 26mb. I've emailed it with my username in the subject. Let me know if you'd rather I make available another way.

Thanks again

Edited by guats

• 2 months later...

Heya again,

Just letting you all know that these issues are still persisting. This is on version 4.8.32 and it's at the edges of the brush I'm using where the feathering is. I have my background colour and forgeround colour set to 255 red and for some reason it is feathering to 255 green, which I'm using on another layer. This seems significant to me and suggests that it is some kind of hangover from a previous colour that has been used. I hope this helps bring this into focus a bit more. Good luck with it.

Thanks again

Guats

Transparency continues.jpg

This option doesn't exist in 4.8.32, I noticed mostly hidden at the top of your screenshot that there's a new version :) It's on by default for me in 4.8.37 so I'll test and get back to you about whether this is happening or not still.

Cheers

This also can be seen in photoshop when I turn this blue layer off. The blue actually exists in the feathered areas on each layer where the brushes faded transparent edges are. It seems to be inheriting (in this case) the colour from the layer underneath.

Transparency continues.jpg

Edited by guats

• 1 year later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Transparency Issues continue..