3DCoat Forums

PBR Smart Materials Store !

stas3dc

@Silas Merlin @philnolan3d We got an official reply:

We can not use materials of different people on the PBR store as we can not control IP rights in this case and in the case when somebody made PBR materials using say 3D scan/photo of drawing or design or pattern of the third party people we can have problems in future.

So we need to control the origin of the PBR materials.

With the future release of 3DCoat 2021 a node system will be there which will help to make procedural generated materials and we will make many new materials for the store.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi is there good  "hair shader material"  which can easy apply for poligon dense hair, with use sphere projection etc?

I hope to mimic this work-flow  with 3d coat, then tried to make map with paint app, but can not get good resut still ^^;

hair tutoriall

About poligon hair, usually many hair parts UV are layered, but basically most of them arrange UV same way.

Or I  suppose, spherrical map with adjust optionns, may work..   but anyway I hope to buy good hair shader as 3d coat smart material..

(At least I  need good clear high resolution transparent (alpha map), with good glossy texture,, (smart mateiral, or stencil texture, etc)

I do not htink, manuall paint with brush alpha may work for this purpose.. so hope to buy product, if 3d coat offer,,

Edited by tokikake

• Carlosan changed the title to PBR Smart Materials Store !
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello I had 2 questions:

1)

Is there a way to hide/filter already purchased PBR Scans (My Scans) when searching the PBR Scans Page for new content?

2)

PBR Scan Duplicate, if I'm not mistaken

I started my new round of credits this month, but it seems I have purchased a duplicate PBR Scan unless I'm mistaken.

MTL01684_Metal4k_4k_1      and       MTL01684_Metal4k_4k_1k

Thanks!

material_duplicate.jpg

17 hours ago, SmokeRoot said:

Hello I had 2 questions:

1)

Is there a way to hide/filter already purchased PBR Scans (My Scans) when searching the PBR Scans Page for new content?

2)

PBR Scan Duplicate, if I'm not mistaken

I started my new round of credits this month, but it seems I have purchased a duplicate PBR Scan unless I'm mistaken.

MTL01684_Metal4k_4k_1      and       MTL01684_Metal4k_4k_1k

Thanks!

material_duplicate.jpg

Thank you for reporting this issue!

• 1 month later...

Happy monthly subscriber here. Awesome store with really good stuff. One thing that I don't get though is why the materials do not have real names.

E.g. if I would like to, lets say, find some sort of mud... I can not search by "Mud" , because the materials all have some cryptic identifiers that might be good for order in the backend, but that makes it difficult for the texture artit to quickly find what he wants.

Every other similar platform has this (Substance Share/Source, Quixel). you can search a material via an expression like "Car Paint" and it immediately spits out a selection of materials that fit that material type. How would I go about a specific search like this in 3D Coat store? Unless I am not overlooking somehting, it is not possible, which renders any search option obsolete...

Simply be able to search the word "metal" is not enough. It needs to be more specific "Metal car", "Metal oxidized", "Metal damaged", "Gold" etc. etc.

This makes this store difficult to use on a fundamental level. I am not sure if I am overlooking something, cause I find it hard to believe that the authors of the store did not think about somehting like this when naming their materials.

This here helps the cutomer in no way and even makes it a chore to find materials on the platform: grafik.png.42ec5379e65b989a39bb63ab2e962793.png

I would be curious if there might be a particular reason for this decision to name it like this, without any information about the actual material type in the name.

A simple quick search for metal on Substance Source shows how it is supposed to be done for delivering an actual usable search and browse experience regarding material naming:

grafik.thumb.png.2e4f8d4529f700e7640eafe8d0ac7ca3.png

• Advanced Member

375359899_PBRLibrary.thumb.jpg.61c51b587789204206a9d4373d51969f.jpg

I have one question about PBRLibrary.
Why is the same material separated by resolution (4k, 8k)?
Can't we just let them choose when they receive the file?

The top part is sold in 4K, and if you scroll down to the bottom, you'll see the same material in 8K.

And the credits are separate.
why?

+ Edit)
And some materials look the same, but there are others with different names.

What I saw while capturing the image above
MTL00792 - MTL00765

Edited by Yousung
add text
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Is there are way of mass downloading the smart materials? I can understand not being able to do that when it was a paid store but now just seems a really awkward way of getting the materials if you have paid for 3d coat and want to use it to its maximum extent.

Even a zip from the license screen would make life much easier.

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Deano C said:

Is there are way of mass downloading the smart materials? I can understand not being able to do that when it was a paid store but now just seems a really awkward way of getting the materials if you have paid for 3d coat and want to use it to its maximum extent.

Even a zip from the license screen would make life much easier.

And just a heads-up, some materials are broken. I tried rocks, a few metals, and there's always some map pointing at the wrong file which is missing in the shader.