3D Coat Forums
stas3dc

PBR Smart Materials Store Beta!

In light of the fact that the points accumulate and do not expire, I am planning to purchase an annual Indie subscription, while it is on sale, and save the units for when I need them in the future.

Edited by TXH003
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, these aren't for everybody. Maybe there will be some modules or purchasable packs in the near future, but I think it's clear they are patterned after the High-Quality/High-Resolution Scanned Materials in VRscans or MegaScans. Those, too aren't for everybody. 

6 hours ago, TXH003 said:

In light of the fact that the points accumulate and do not expire, I am planning to purchase an annual Indie subscription, while it is on sale, and save the units for when I need them in the future.

Is that a fact?  I didn't see it anywhere.  If so I would definitely sign up for a bit to gets some points.

Edit:  Ah I see it now!  Thanks for the heads up :)

5 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Yeah, these aren't for everybody. Maybe there will be some modules or purchasable packs in the near future, but I think it's clear they are patterned after the High-Quality/High-Resolution Scanned Materials in VRscans or MegaScans. Those, too aren't for everybody. 

I'm just pretty happy they made the store at all.  I truly hate making materials, I have no interest in it, and to have a bunch of stuff available in a native files for 3d coat is just great.

Edited by Falconius

What about the free materials, are we allowed to use them on assets that we sell ?

Also, once we have installed materials with one license or another, how do we make the distinction in the paint room between what we can use commercially or not ?

And, err... I think a search box in the Smart Materials panel would be sooooooooo convenient.

Hi !
I subscribed for one year with the indie annual subscription plan  . . .

I need materials depending on the projects in different quantities.
Purchasing packages of units would be better therefor. (PayPal as well)

So I will see if this monthly adding units to the account will work out.

Right now I tested some of the materials in 3Dcoat and they are well designed.

The Preview in 3Dcoat could show bigger pictures on mouse over hovering since for example the fabrics structure is not visible at all.

So I have to apply the material to a test object first to find out if it is the type of material needed for the surface.
The store shows better (more detailed) pictures of the smart materials at the moment.

Importing and organizing lots of materials in 3Dcoat should be improved if we use the sbscription and have a growing number of materials to choose when working on surfaces.

Thanks for the new Smart Materials Collection.

I hope it will grow and add options.

Regards

• Like 2

I'm a new user to 3D coat and i have to say... If i had have known how little smart materials came with the program i would not have purchased it. In the video showcasing it, makes it look like there are hundreds of really cool materials. Disappointing to find out not only that there is only a few, but anyway... this library seems like a good idea, but not if i have to purchase a subscription to use them.

1 hour ago, Lizbot said:

I'm a new user to 3D coat and i have to say... If i had have known how little smart materials came with the program i would not have purchased it. In the video showcasing it, makes it look like there are hundreds of really cool materials. Disappointing to find out not only that there is only a few, but anyway... this library seems like a good idea, but not if i have to purchase a subscription to use them.

Smart materials are easy and fun, and fascinating to create.
You could start with materials from these websites, they are public domain : https://cc0textures.com/ https://texturehaven.com/textures/
Create smart materials with several layers and decide how each layer is going to be used, in bumps or cracks, on top, at bottom, etc.
When you need something specific, simply create your own seamless textures, it is easy for example in Krita, press W to tile an image, and use the clone tool to make it seamless.
Then you could use http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/ to generate derived maps.

• Like 2

I made a tutorial on the free app Materialize that will help you make Smart Materials.

• Like 3

Are the image previews on store rendered inside 3Dcoat? Or in Marmoset?

How were you able to get those super sharp and realistic renders, like this one -

1536917767110_1024_render_MTL01813_Wood4

Edited by jtrner
  • Like 1

SM_masks_nl_banner.jpg

The recently announced Store of PBR Scans has been updated with more than 400 new scanned masks available for your download here ! Make your creations better and more realistic with our collection of masks!

We will keep expanding the selection of Scanned Smart Materials, Samples, Masks, Brushes etc regularly, to ensure variety of choice and potential for your creativity. Stay tuned!

Those who missed out on our earlier announcement, we've got a collection of top-quality Scanned PBR Smart Materials, including 40 you can download and try for free!

Please, be informed the Store currently runs in Beta mode, so we'd appreciate to hear your feedback on our forums.

Sincerely yours, 
3DCoat Team

I have a couple of suggestions.
One is to include more specific tags.  For instance if you are searching for denim or silk like fabrics you have to scroll through a bunch of materials to see them, they are not tagged with what they actually are or what they are made from (like cotton, linen etc.).  This is also the case for others like MTL01728, to me it looks like unpolished stone or granite, but neither of those tags are applied.

And the second is that perhaps there should be a subform to deal with the smart scan store and issues there?  Not sure if there would be enough traffic to justify it, but if not make clear where people should post questions etc. about it.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:55 AM, Falconius said:

I have a couple of suggestions.
One is to include more specific tags.  For instance if you are searching for denim or silk like fabrics you have to scroll through a bunch of materials to see them, they are not tagged with what they actually are or what they are made from (like cotton, linen etc.).  This is also the case for others like MTL01728, to me it looks like unpolished stone or granite, but neither of those tags are applied.

And the second is that perhaps there should be a subform to deal with the smart scan store and issues there?  Not sure if there would be enough traffic to justify it, but if not make clear where people should post questions etc. about it.

Thanks for sharing your feedback Falconius, the tags idea looks reasonable indeed. We'll discuss internally what could be done to improve that.

The store is cool and I nice addition to 3DCoat.  I have a friend who works for poliigon and I was asking him if they could create 3DCoat materials, but it was a no go, so something that is specific to this program is great.  

Suggestions

pick several materials/items and add them to a shopping cart while continuing to shop

If I check a filter, the other filters numbers should change dynamically...so when I choose materials, the organics category number should change to reflect the number of organic materials available

Things I am waiting for

-Shaders

-Brushes

-Models

-Retopo Objects

Questions

What do I do with reliefs?

Why have the same material in different resolutions?  Why not just use the higher one and let the user downgrade as necessary?

Not really a materials store question, but why can't we translate materials to shaders and optionally use bulge/cavity for Curvature/AO?  It should be a function in the program.

6 hours ago, gbball said:

Suggestions

pick several materials/items and add them to a shopping cart while continuing to shop

Ah yes I agree with this.  Coupled with this:  I don't know if it's possible (I suspect not) but it would also be great if we could pack up several materials from our library into one 3DCpack and be able to install several materials at once.

We can install several materials at once now from separate .3dpack files.  I belive it has been added to the latest beta.  So that helps a bit, but you're right, it'd be nice to download a .3dpack with all the materials from your cart or library and just deal with the one download.

As others have said, an alternative to subscription needs to be offered. I sometimes don’t use 3DC for 6 to 12 months (hobbyist).

Considering the monthly cost for the indie level is 120 credits for $19, an option would be say 100 credits for a one off purchase of the same price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3DC Support said:

Hi all!

Following your requests, we introduce a one-time purchase pack of credits available at our Smart Materials Store. Pay once and pick the materials you need most with the Basic Pack available now! Check out the details here: http://materials.3dcoat.com/buy

Thanks a lot !!!

Smart move !

Great to have both options now.

Much appreciated....   :-)

Your materials website does not accept my credit or debit cards from New Zealand. Please advise how I am supposed to buy your products?

This issue has been resolved already.

Sorry if i am late to commenting but i have a few suggestions for the store : Each brush or mask or any other images should have  a relevant name and a category since no one in his right mind would browse all these images.

Regarding the subscription model i have nothing against it but including a basic subscription of 120 credits for professional license owner and a 60 credits for indie owner would be great.