3DCoat Forums
stas3dc

PBR Smart Materials Store Beta !

The shaders category remains empty, are there plans to add some ?
It would be cool to find different types of shaders there, for example one with several sides, like the old supershader.

I'm going to assume that the PBR Smart Materials section is just closed, or maybe put on hold for much later down the road.

With Substance Source, Poliigon, Quixel, etc.. I think it's awesome to have with 3DC it's really cool for sure, but it seems like no attention has been provided to the section since it's launch and it's still a main feature on the site?

Will in be continued or dropped in the near future?

Downloaded free packs yesterday, its awesome and bit speed up my workflow. It would be awesome if the materials store is packed inside the main 3D Coat applications, so we could preview within our projects, and you need to buy to apply the material. It's kinda alright and cool.

• Like 1

Hiya,

Sorry if this has been covered. Can these be downloaded or exported from 3D Coat as a set of jpegs? I've pretty much given up with 3D Coat but I had brought some credits.

Thanks,

Nigel.

I actually have the same question, there are some textures I'd like to use directly in blender in projects that 3D coat isn't really suitable for.  Is there a file that I can find the installed textures in?

This stuff isn't advertised enough. Is this store mentioned in YT, FB, etc?

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, geo_n said:

This stuff isn't advertised enough. Is this store mentioned in YT, FB, etc?

They don't have a forum section specifically for the store, and they don't pay attention to this thread, I suggest that if you want them to see your suggestion you might have to post it as a topic.

Since they don't add new things on the store, I think it would help if they opened it up for us to add items, not for sale, I think that would be too complex to set up with all the regulations, but we could add free stuff maybe and thus make the store alive ?

• Like 1

I agree

Please contact sales3dc to share your opinion.

Thx !

* note: Its important to upload own creations. Free stuff found on internet is not allowed because regulations.

@Silas Merlin @philnolan3d We got an official reply:

We can not use materials of different people on the PBR store as we can not control IP rights in this case and in the case when somebody made PBR materials using say 3D scan/photo of drawing or design or pattern of the third party people we can have problems in future.

So we need to control the origin of the PBR materials.

With the future release of 3DCoat 2021 a node system will be there which will help to make procedural generated materials and we will make many new materials for the store.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not crazy about nodes but I love the idea of procedurals.