3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
artofcharly

Creature creation in 3D-coat for 1h. Improvisation with 2D-paint brush. Render in Renderman 21.

In this video, I show my first sketch. which was made on April 5, 2017 by using a new at that time tool in voxel mode - 2D Paint. This tool allows you to sculpt directly in 3D-space. It's very funny! And of course - then I've tested the new Renderman 21, which was first integrated into the 3D-Coat 4.26 version. I spent exactly 1 hour for creating this sketch.Enjoy watching!

Video content:

00:00 - 00:18 - Intro

00:18 - 00:48 - Demonstration of the final result.

00:48 - 1:20 - Creating a platform by using a primitive. Use a 2D-Paint brush to sketch a water splashes.

1:20 - 4:13 - Creating a monster's body by using the same tool. Adding another water splashes

4:13 - 8:47 - Setting the view for the render. Application Renderman Shaders and continue the detailing. Test renders in Renderman 21. Change HDRi. Setting Dof and lighting. Adding small drops.

8:47 - 9:49 - The final render. Postprocessing in Photoshop. Demonstration of the final result.

9:49 - 10:05 - The ending. Video preview of other lessons. A subscription button, as well as a button for support on Patreon.

If you like this video:
► Click on the “Thumb up”
► Subscribe to the channel to avoid missing new releases
► Share with friends - do not be greedy =) After all, they also want to get this knowledge =)

Enjoy watching!
Best regards, Andrew Krivulya aka Charly.

• Like 3