3DCoat Forums

[Solved] SMART MATERIALS NOT WORKING ON SOME OBJECTS

Daniel Aubert

Go to solution Solved by Daniel Aubert,

Hello guys!

I am working on this new project which I have several parts and already made the retopology and baked the normals from the high poly. But when I went to paint room, the materials only worked on the first object I made (the head). The others don't display correctly on the materia preview window and whe I apply them, the material does not have all the qualities, like it is only using the procedural textures, I guess. See the images below. I used the same process of retopolgy, baking and painting for every object... I don't know what is wrong! :/

Screenshot_246.png

Screenshot_247.png

3 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

3DC will look at UV tiles as UDIMs, and will allow you to import and export them. The function is currently called "Import UV Tiles as UV Sets".

... I didn't understand... I created the UVs inside 3DCoat. The objects imported were only high poly without any UV. So I retopologised them and baked normals... What should I do??

I am compressing the file for that! It is almost 900 mb, and my internet is not that good.

I have one question though, I don't know if it may be related some how: I imported a .obj file from Blender. It had separate parts, but the method to import it in 3DC was - 1 open new document; 2- "Perform Retopology" on splash screen; 3- select auto retopo; then when it opened, I canceled the auto retopo, so I could subdivide the object (because the obj came as a single piece in this mode, if I tried other methods that came with it already subdvided it would crash because of high density) 4- The  I jus subdvided the mesh with objectfy and started auto retopologising them. 

Whe I have the link for the file I will put it here.

13 hours ago, Carlosan said:

You have some Surface Materials locked, switch off padlocks

Locked.jpg

They are not the ones that I am using to paint. And even if I uncheck them, the same problem still happens.

Now I am importing each object on separate 3DC files and then baking normals and panting them over there. It was working just fine for most objects... then when I tried the R leg, it has this problem when I fill it with a material. It is like the UV is not correctly placed. I already tried unwrapping again, but the same occurs. Don't have a clue what is happenning here. When it is not one problem, it is another... :/ This should be a simple task.

Screenshot_250.png

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] SMART MATERIALS NOT WORKING ON SOME OBJECTS