3DCoat Forums

Import & mess with OBJ

tolchockmaltjik

Hi!

So, I've been struggling for some time now. I'm making characters in DAZ and I want to import one into 3DC and to be specific: 
I want to get him into the scene and then slize his face off. What's the exact workflow here?
Wich room do I import him into?
Wich settings?
Can you keep the maps while doing this?
Wich tool do I use to cut a part of him away? 
Is it possible to export this guy with the MTL file still intact to render in other software?
I want to get him back into DAZ for rendering! 

Right now I'm drag/dropping him into 3DC, choose import for per-pixel painting, but when I press Sculpt he disappears. 
And in the other rooms i can't find a function like "Cut off" in the sculpt room.

When I pick import for vertex painting/big reference his maps look super weird, like low-res or something. 

Objects imported into the Paint room are considered Paint Objects, while objects imported into the Sculpt room go into the VoxTree (even if they're surface.) To get your mesh into the Sculpt room, open that room and select File -> Import Object, then on the import menu select Import w/o Voxelization if you want it to remain as polygons.

- I want to get him into the scene and then slize his face off. Can you keep the maps while doing this?

It is not possible on 3DCoat. You need to perform this operation on your current app before export it to 3DCoat.

• 1 year later...