3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] HUION Tablet and 3DCoat issues

Mihu83

• Advanced Member

Hi,

recently I've bought HUION Kamvas Pro 20 tablet(Cintiq alternative) and it is quite nice for the most part but not with 3D-Coat.

Sculpting tools works without problem, but I can't paint in Paint Room, nothing happens when I try to paint over model. Weird thing is, when I use Bucket Fill it works, but brush tools doesn't paint, they are just erasing paint applied by Bucket tool. Every brush tool behaves as eraser.

I tought it is a problem with 3DC 4.8.31, but the same thing happen in 4.8.16.

I have no clue what is happening.

Edited by Mihu83

On 12/12/2018 at 8:13 PM, joel0827 said:

Hey 

I have a Huion Kamvas GT-191, and I was having the same problem as you. In 3D coat I had no problem sculpting on a Huion Tablet. But when I started texturing it erases all the color information. Don't turn off switch mode (Digital Pen Tab), keep it on, or reset settings to default. Allow administrative permission in the Huion App, and hit apply. In 3dCoat open up a simple sphere scene, and try painting on it. If it's not painting click on the button (switch button) closest to the tip of the pen. It should change, and it'll paint this time. Let me know if that works for you. 

Best,

Joel

• Advanced Member

This didn't work for me, or maybe I've done it wrong.

I've tried something else - in 3DC preferences, I've switched from WinTab to TabletPC and Paint is working, but no pressure sensivity. With enabled option use Windows Ink in HUION settings, pressure works but not properly, a bit laggy and not consisten along whole stroke.

• 8 months later...

Hi 

I don't have driver information, but I leave a link to comments from other users. I hope it help you.

3DCoat-2021-42 
Fri Sep 10 10:25:21 2021

- Workaround for "Huion Kamvas 24 Pro" tablet using "WinTab" under Windows

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] HUION Tablet and 3DCoat issues