3DCoat Forums

Textures not looking right

heymrwho

I recently bought 3D Coat and I've been having fun with it. The fun lasted until I exported the textures to Blender. The results I'm getting in 3D Coat are not the same I'm getting in Blender. The textures look stretched and the details are not there in Blender. I tried using Eevee, unwrapping in different ways and tried different export setups. 

Soo this is how it look on 3Coat  

3dcoat.thumb.jpg.7efdea7424ed4707d0e3adbc5bd144ff.jpg

and this is on Blender

1764573780_blenderrender.thumb.jpg.43e0877ee0f6ef69b7094ce3394cafd9.jpg

UVs and nodes

blenderUV.thumb.jpg.f1eb074fb1a9a3420903426fbfb85df2.jpgBlenderNodes.thumb.jpg.fb55588bc8447849d34831b2f93a1dd2.jpg

and here is the export setup

3dcoatexport.thumb.jpg.fdd747c267bd39ccfa72a2d959178214.jpg

I hope is something I'm doing wrong and someone can help me out because its been frustrating :( 

Hello 

The Smart Material Preview is resolution independent, showing the texture at the best it can be with the textures contained in the material. Once it's applied, it's filled into the actual texture on your model, so if this is low-res, the result will be blurred. The solution is to assign higher res texture maps to your model.

On 2/15/2018 at 4:40 PM, digman said:

The preview window renders at a Higher quality. You would need a 8k map in the smart material to closely match it. 

You will be limited by the resolution of the smart material images that are used to make the smart material and your final texture resolution for your image maps. Also is how well you are using the UV space, that is how your uv-islands are filling up the uv space.

I make all-my smart materials at 4K.

Hope this help