3DCoat Forums

Models Thumbnails

stusutcliffe

• Contributor

In order for you to have a thumbnail facing forward as you want, before sending an obj to the Models palette, you need to rotate the model 180 degrees on the Y axis (that is, for you the model will be on its back) with the Transform Tool. After you've rotated your object or character, then you can send it to the Models palette.

• Like 1

• Contributor

A bit different the way to have a thumbnail. :D
This happens because 3D-Coat takes the photo of the object to the Models palette through Z- (negative) to Z + (positive). So, we all have models with thumbnails on their backs.
I particularly do not spin the model because I think when I import the same model into the scene through the models palette, my model will not come imported as I would like, so I would have to rotate the model again on the Y axis to continue on my project.

Instead of rotating the model on th Y axis with the transform tool, I like name the layer of the model for something very specific and then save it in the Model Palette.
So the moment I hover over the object in the Models palette, the name will appear and I can confidently choose what I want to work with. Just a simple tip.

I hope in the future that will change.
Good luck in your work!