3DCoat Forums

Way to "auto snap" for surface mode?

tokikake

• Advanced Member

I know voxel objecet can auto snap with retopo mesh, which made from sculpt mesh, about pose ,translation, Move tool.

But Is there way to use auto snap for sculpt mesh (surface mode) which  transfered from retopo mesh by "retopo mesh to sculpt mesh" ?

What I hope to do is,

1.  import low resolution mesh in paint room. 

2  By "use visible painted object as Retopo" then transfer paint mesh to Retopo room.

3 I divide mesh to 2 layer,  (Retopogroup1 and Hide)  and hide some part which need not sculpt (eg eyelash , inner mouth etc) in Retopo room.

retopomesh1.thumb.JPG.a0cdb7c3eb6e08e2f7d4ac28895c1ea0.JPG

4  In sculpt room, I use "Geometry> Retopo mesh to Sculptmesh".   now retopo mesh  of2 layers are transfered as Voxel layer in sculpt room (surface mode)

sculptmesh.thumb.JPG.8f384507d1a797579477593180ae3cc4.JPG

5  Then I hope to sub-divide layer, or increase resolution with surface mode, and add some detail , but for large tweaking, I hope to use Pose and move brash,

Is there  way, to auto snap current retopo mesh to follow transfered Sculpt mesh edit? (pose tool, move too) ?

these 2 meshes in both room are almost perfectly identical. (though I may hope to add resolution, with detail sculpt,  later,,)

Edited by tokikake

• Advanced Member

Thanks,, I could find "Conform retopo mesh" option for move, transform, and pose tool. Sorry I perfectly forgot this option ^^;  

it seems work for my current process. But with current mesh,    "Confrom retopo mesh" and  move tool cause heave lag for me to adjust shape .

I try Pe-procject tool (I am not sure, how it will work ) which you suggested.