3DCoat Forums

Update to latest 3D Coat version request

GrzegorzWięcek

I consider update to latest 3D Coat build, but before I'll do, I would like to know how it works.

1/Does it mean that, after download and installation of the latest build I would have both versions of 3D Coat  old and new one on my device? 

And going forward with it,

2/could I update on other device? I use iMac license but I have other device with Windows 8.1 OS on it, so

3/can I install and/or update 3D Coat on both devices: one with macOS  and other with Windows 8.1 base on one actual license?

For all the answeres thanks in advance ;)

Regards

Edited by GrzegorzWięcek

• Advanced Member

Both versions (old and new) will work simultaneously. However, since for a series of data in the program one folder is used in My Documents, various bugs and problems are possible that are not related to the current version itself. Do not rush to remove the old ones, because in the new versions they often fix something that did not work well in the previous version, but completely break down what worked perfectly two versions ago.