3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Update 3D Coat requiry

GrzegorzWięcek

Hi,

I consider update to latest 3D coat version on my iMac but before I'll do I need to know a few things.

1/ When I update, does it mean that I'll have to install latest version of 3D coat? so there I will have both?

What worries me is that, I don't want to lose any data like:  a/my own smart materials, b/shaders, and c/UI custom settings of the older version.

2/ Can I update on other device?

For example, as a 3D artist I work on two devices, one with Windows 8.1 OS and second one with iMacOS. My 3D Coat license is for iMac. Can I have 3D coat on both devices? 

Kind Regards

Thanks ;)

1. Under macOS "3DCoat" stores your user data (scenes, settings, etc.) inside folder: Finder > Go > Home > 3D-CoatV48. You can backup it or move it to another device. Most probably after updating to latest macOS you will need to install latest "3DCoat" from here (because there were changes to adopt "3DCoat" for newest macOS'es):
https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22364-3dcoat-48-beta-testing-thread/
2. If you have standalone serial number from "3DCoat V4" for macOS you can select "Add another OS" here:
http://3dcoat.com/buy/
You will receive additional standalone serial number which will work only in "3DCoat V4" for Windows (the latest build for Windows is in the forum above).

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Update 3D Coat requiry