3DCoat Forums

New to 3d coat, couple of basic questions about resolution

apun77

If layer A has one level of resolution that's fairly low and layer B has more curves, so you up-res it, but then you want to merge. Is it possible for that higher res layer to maintain it's density? or must it always obey the resolution of the layer it's merging to?

Secondly... when I use the vox hide tool to make cuts (objectify hidden) on a fairly low res layer. If I then up-res it, the cuts kind of get blended or disappear. Any way around this? is it because you should really do cuts like that on a high res layer to begin with?

Thanks

On 3/5/2019 at 5:03 PM, apun77 said:

If layer A has one level of resolution that's fairly low and layer B has more curves,  free netflix so you up-res it, but then you want to merge. Is it possible for that higher res layer to maintain it's density? or must it always obey the resolution of the layer it's merging to?

Secondly... when I use the vox hide  tech news tool to make cuts (objectify hidden) on a fairly low res layer. If I then up-res it,  android 9 the cuts kind of get blended or disappear. Any way around this? is it because you should really do cuts like that on a high res layer to begin with?

Thanks

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any updates?

Hi Apun, I'm a noob myself, but I also was running into the issue of trying to uprez a layer after a hide vox cut. The only work around I could find is to select the problem layer (probably the one you cut the piece out of) and temporarily turn it into a surface, then turn it back into a voxel layer.

That seemed to fix it for me.

As for the difference in resolution when merging, you are correct that "there can be only one" resolution on the merge. But in your case you want to merge the low res into the high res instead of the other way around. The target resolution is the one that will be used, so go lower to higher if you can.