3DCoat Forums

For every pop up window please add checkbox "Do not ever show this pop up again."

haikalle

• Applink Developer

I'm starting to see this trend that 3d-coat includes more and more pop up windows. I'm not against of them but please add as a default setting for every pop up window this checkbox.
"Do not ever show this window again, even after restart." Those windows are good when user is beginner but those same windows that helps beginners can began nightmares for users how already knows 
3D-Coat and use this app daily. I would like to think that this app is made for users who use it daily and not the users that learns this app.

There is right now many pop up windows that are just saying "Do you really want to leave this tool" and for me that kind of message is useless. Especially if you return back into tool and the same data is there.
If there is possibilty to lost data then I could understand this pop up window a little bit better.

Edited by haikalle
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Applink Developer

Now I'm testing these new "curve into mesh" tools and they all have info window popping into screen. I really think that this is not good thing for effective User Interface. This pop window
only helps when you use tool first time. But this same window will be hurting the worflow for advanced user, please 3d-coat team let us have a option in settings to disable all pop up windows.