3DCoat Forums

Forger IOS ditigal sculping app

• Reputable Contributor

Since not having access to my computer presently I started using forger on  my IPad. Great app for creating concept sculpts. All sculpts can be exported.

There are sculpt layers and painting plus supports PBR. If ya need an app while away from your computer go check it out.  The developer is very active in updating the app.

A few concept starts. I can add more detail. I will save these too for later work in 3DC.

147A4ED0-BC64-4E1E-BBD1-41DA858DE75D.jpeg

• Contributor

With all respect to Teya's developers releasing a new proprietary sculpting software, who exactly is their target? Artists who own 3D Coat or those who own ZBrush? Or those who own both of those computer programs?

My point is that if an emergent sculpting software (Teya) would be a libre software that would respect user freedom, then it would be something totally different and really worth considering, when compared to already existing proprietary software. Otherwise, what exactly Teya has to offer for a person who already uses proprietary ZB & 3DC combo?

PS. Libre doesn't mean that you can't earn big bucks from it.

PS2. Please don't treat my post as a hostile one towards Teya. Treat it as a post full of questions of a troubled and cofused mind. :)

PS3. Does Teya run on GNU/Linux OS? I'm not sure if it's because of µMatrix *wink, wink* , but I couldn't find any information about software requirements on their page.

• Advanced Member
On 3/9/2019 at 5:23 PM, ajz3d said:

With all respect to Teya's developers releasing a new proprietary sculpting software, who exactly is their target? Artists who own 3D Coat or those who own ZBrush? Or those who own both of those computer programs?

My point is that if an emergent sculpting software (Teya) would be a libre software that would respect user freedom, then it would be something totally different and really worth considering, when compared to already existing proprietary software. Otherwise, what exactly Teya has to offer for a person who already uses proprietary ZB & 3DC combo?

PS. Libre doesn't mean that you can't earn big bucks from it.

PS2. Please don't treat my post as a hostile one towards Teya. Treat it as a post full of questions of a troubled and cofused mind. :)

PS3. Does Teya run on GNU/Linux OS? I'm not sure if it's because of µMatrix *wink, wink* , but I couldn't find any information about software requirements on their page.

Teya Constructor has some very strange stuff in it. The guy that's making it has some very original ideas and his program has a unique approach. I admire that a lot. For example, his take on drawing in 3D is enough to sell me on it; I'll be buying it as soon as my new rig is up and running.

Edited by L'Ancien Regime
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Back to forger...

laying in bed can not sleep. Whip out the IPad and work up a concept.  Forger is great for those late night ideas that pop in your head. Later export out to 3DC.

C193EC0D-4A3E-4F55-A413-6307657C50CB.jpeg

• Like 1

• Contributor
On 3/11/2019 at 10:43 AM, L'Ancien Regime said:

Teya Constructor has some very strange stuff in it. The guy that's making it has some very original ideas and his program has a unique approach. I admire that a lot. For example, his take on drawing in 3D is enough to sell me on it; I'll be buying it as soon as my new rig is up and running.

@L'Ancien Regime, this video looks very interesting indeed, but don't we already have something similar in 3D Coat? This promo video of v4.8 comes to mind:

The implementation is different, but I think the final result is comparable, if custom curve profiles in conjunction with retopo surfaces/spline-cut surface primitives were used.

Teya video is playing so fast that it's impossible to see the details of the workflow, like how was the NURBS-like smooth surfaces created (at the front and back of the vehicle). From primitives, imported geometry or perhaps they were generated from sketches? Really hard to tell.

PS. I really liked the first song from Teya's video. Kind of reminds me of Evil Dead 1 score. Pretty cool. :)

Edited by ajz3d

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, ajz3d said:

@L'Ancien Regime, this video looks very interesting indeed, but don't we already have something similar in 3D Coat? This promo video of v4.8 comes to mind:

The implementation is different, but I think the final result is comparable, if custom curve profiles in conjunction with retopo surfaces/spline-cut surface primitives were used.

Teya video is playing so fast that it's impossible to see the details of the workflow, like how was the NURBS-like smooth surfaces created (at the front and back of the vehicle). From primitives, imported geometry or perhaps they were generated from sketches? Really hard to tell.

PS. I really liked the first song from Teya's video. Kind of reminds me of Evil Dead 1 score. Pretty cool. :)

Arseniy Korablev's musical tastes have always been...er....controversial..

POlybrush.thumb.JPG.e8bf7f6e32fe228d7c73b906ce1b422a.JPG

And the smooth surfaces at the back of the vehicle are undoubtedly subD polygonal modelling.

Edited by L'Ancien Regime