3DCoat Forums

First tests with nvidia 2070

• Applink Developer

Hi!

I'm sharing thought about my first test with 2070 card. Overall very happy. My old card was 970 and have to say it was a touch quiter in idle. Diiference is very small thou. 
The most big difference is when the cards are in load. 970 became much noisier but this new card stays very silent. Very happy so far. Silent factor for me is a big thing
because my case is next to monitor on my table. 

Don't see any big difference when using 3d-coat. Render room is a little bit snappier. 

But where this card shines is blender's eevee render. Using eevee with 970 was very nice but now it's amazing. 

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

To be honest, I think NVidia just pulled a trick on consumers and repackaged the 10x0 series cards, but added the RTX feature. Why do I say this? Because it's no coincidence that the 2070 is virtually identical to the 1080, and the 2080 practically identical in performance as the 1080Ti. That's why there big rollout of the 20xx series was strictly focused on RTX. They simply changed the naming convention to make it look like they had gotten faster, when they really didn't.

I'm on a 1080Ti and got it on eBay for about the same price as a 2070. Anybody else looking at getting a new card for using 3DCoat should probably consider getting the best 10x0 card they can afford and skip the 20x0 series, IMO.