3DCoat Forums

Doubt in Edit Projections in Ext. Editor menu. Would it be possible?

Rygaard

• Contributor
Hey Everyone,

I just did a test that did not work out or maybe I'm forgetting some step to successfully accomplish the goal.

I'm sculpting in the Sculpt Room and I got the idea of using a function that is in the Paint Room. This function is in the Edit / Edit Projections in Ext. Editor menu. I thought I just use Depth and I deactivated Color and Glossiness. Remembering that I'm not in Per-Pixel or Microvertex mode, just by sculpting an object in Surface Mode.

So after going to Paint Room, I used the Edit Projections in Ext. Editor that opened the GIMP, manipulated a texture, I saved the document and returned to 3D-Coat. I thought that the applied texture would deform the surface of the mesh (Depth) because it was the option that I had just left activated, but the result was the application of this texture in colors.

I would like to know if it would be possible to only use the depth and deform the surface of the mesh using the function Edit Projections in Ext. Editor?
2078668596_paintroom_project_to_depth.thumb.jpg.2ba1d9bfc8a107b81d476f8bc269ac39.jpg
Thank you

• Contributor
5 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Could you test Krita or Photoshop ?

Hi Carlosan,
I just tested with Krita and the same result happens with GIMP and Photoshop.
I did a quick video to demonstrate the procedure.

I''m using Surface mode, I just activated Depth On and turned off Color and Glossiness in the Paint Room.
When I return to 3D-Coat, there is only the projection of Colors. The Depth is ignored.