3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Paint Room- Custom alpha brush creates black lines

Hello, I am creating custom brushes in photoshop for use in 3Dcoat. I just need color and for some reason when I make the brush small, it creates some black and white lines when I am using white for the color. This problem only occurs when I'm using custom brush ( with my custom alpha).  At brush size 24935 it looks good, no problems - all foreground color (as you'd expect) but, at brush size 20007, the problem begins to be seen and the smaller you make the brush, the more predominant the problem becomes. Looks like this is a bug. Is it?CustomAlphaProblem.jpg.48e343c3f4fd9ea2f4db829a88504c30.jpg image.png.20a478936af14f67c52f64a6f979e859.png 

Thanks for the quick response. I've seen the video but I tried deleting the contents from the depth layer and spec from the photoshop file and only kept the pixel info in the color and erase layers but, it still justimage.thumb.png.14aa513c0005d38a1c341cad9a51dff6.png  a problematic.

It should be totally white because that's my foreground color and the viewport is set to flat because, I am strictly working on painting color alone.

I don't know how 3dcoat made their default alphas, but, they are working correctly.
This is the custom alpha I am using
image.png.e353089934c154bb3200a2a82b06aca3.png

Sorry Carlos, I was AFK over the weekend. I have 4.8.10 was this issue fixed in the latest version?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Carlosan,

I'm joining this thread as I too experience this issue and hopefully keeping all the information in this one thread will be simpler for you guys to work through the bug and find a fix as soon as possible :) 

I represent a studio of professionals working in the games industry who all licence 3d-coat software and currently experience this issue. I can confirm in our internal tests that this is an issue with version 4.8 onwards. It does not seem to happen on our older licences 4.7 and 4.1 - at least not the versions we tested.

See attached image for evidence of the black edge on each stamp of the alpha. We tested creating multiple alpha designs, using every supported filetype - png, bmp, jpeg, tiff, psd, etc...
See attatched .png alpha to replicate. Current version tested 4.8.37

Currently it we are unable to create or use custom alphas for our workflow which is less than Ideal, i'm sure you appreciate! 
Happy to provide any further supporting information

best,

James

3dcoat_alpha_bug.png

paint_brush_2.png

paint_brush_2_settings.JPG

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Paint Room- Custom alpha brush creates black lines
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...