3DCoat Forums

Is there any tips to avoid twisted polygons in Retopo room?

randrana

Hi, I'm really glad to use fantastic retopo system in 3D-coat.

But, because of flexibility  and my lack of talent,   I made many many twisted polygons in my retopo mesh.

(twisted polygon: I don't know correct name.  the polygon which has two edges that not in one plane.)

Could I see the twisted polygon more visibily(like heat map) or

is there any tips avoid the twisted polygon?

• Advanced Member

I'm not sure what the issue is without seeing it, but you can use the brush to try and smooth it.  Or as often happens it has a vertex off in the middle of nowhere you can delete the polygon and fill it in manually, though in cases like that you often have to delete quite a few until you get to normal ones with their vertexes actually on the surface.  By no means I'm I particularly experienced at the retopo stuff so someone else may have a better answer.  Blender also has a mesh option to make faces planar in the edit mode so if worse comes to worse you could try taking it there and then back.

• Advanced Member

I thiink randrana say about Non planer quad poligons. (4 verts not on same plane)

Some 3d modeling aprication offer way to correct (or restrict to generate non planer poligons) it, but I do not know if 3d coat offer these.

Blender offer menu to correct it, but I seldom use it, (just manually correct when I really need it) 

It seems difficult when we need to re-topo for sculpted mesh ,  keep full poligon as  planer with use "auto snap".

Is there any magic tool, which can correct Non planer poligons with keep auto-snap?