3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Huion Monitor Tablet: Switch Brush Issue

Gary Dave

• Advanced Member

I've seen the other threads on these forums about Huion products not working well with 3d coat.

I understand one of the fixes described was to enable the switch brush option on the pen, and then simply press it if it ever reverts you back to the eraser. (if you disable the switch brush option, it defaults to eraser only, which is mind numbingly stupid) Either way this is no good for me, I use right click and middle click for my two mouse buttons, so if one of those clicks also switches the brush to an eraser (or vice versa) then this is obviously a no go.

I also read on here that previous Huion drivers seemed to work fine with 3d coat, but as another user has mentioned, it is impossible to find older versions of the drivers online. (I've emailed their support to ask if they have any)

Is this purely a Huion mistake, or is there any work-around that the devs at 3dc could introduce?

Oh, lastly, I also saw a tip about changing short-cut keys for the eraser tool inside 3dc, unfortunately this doesn't work.

Hope this help

source...

first check on the back of your tablet or on its box the exact name of it ,since Huion tablets have a lot of versions. For instance my tablet was NEW1060PLUS 8192 and I downloaded drivers for regular Huion 1060 , this fixed the "switch brush" button not working. Then ,since windows 10 has some "windows ink display mode" activated by default that Windows 7 doesnt you will need to google how to disable it (i remember I had to edit windows registry file or something , youll find tutorial on youtube) disablnig that fixed the problem where I couldn't just hold the key to select the tool but then let go of that key and photoshop reverts back to the previous tool ( if you need to google what this is it called "photoshop spring keys" ) ,and if none of it helps contact huion support , good luck !

---------------------------------------------

3DCoat-2021-42 
Fri Sep 10 10:25:21 2021

- Workaround for "Huion Kamvas 24 Pro" tablet using "WinTab" under Windows

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Cheers Carlosan,

Luckily, I did not have to go rooting through the registry to fix it. Turns out Huion have a few websites with drivers, which is confusing. But I've found that we can indeed download older drivers from the main huion.com website! The url is currently: http://www.huion.com/download/

So I grabbed the oldest one for my tablet, and I have no more issues inside 3d coat. 

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Huion Monitor Tablet: Switch Brush Issue