3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] New Curve tool Swept options (Sculpt surface mode)

• Advanced Member

Hi I hope to discuss about  "new Curve Swept options" and correct usage.  I think most of case it work as expected, (90% ?)  but sometimes I see un-expected effect. So it still beta process, then hope to  offer and gather user feed back. (or kind of bug report)

As for me, The difficulity is, I can not clear find the rule of curve (profile)  rotation (with Auto orientation,  or without Auto orientation)

we can adjust each profile "angle", but I do not know how proflile rotate with angle. so I can roughly adjust it, but it sometimes not work as I expected.  

How pivot axis is decided for the proflie "angle"?    .  it seems more complex  when we use many profile (Swept N Gener).

In this test, I use Swept N gener.    main curve and guide curve are located same X Y plane. (Z is not zero,, ) 

and 2 profiles (Ist and last ) are  pararell of  Y Z plane.  I do not use auto orientaion,  and last profile is just generated from duplicated one, and scale a little.(so not add rotation) 

But how I locate the last profile,  or change size, it show strange twist (almost 180? I think)  Can someone find reason why it happen?

Nswept.thumb.JPG.fde99c17e21c2d281588278472572eb0.JPG

For easy test, I attached coat file too. (saved with  4.8.37SL)  apreaciate any help, and hope to offer more feed back about these new swept tool. 

swept.3b

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] New Curve tool Swept options (Sculpt surface mode)