3DCoat Forums

New to 3DCoat - Curves tool problem when adding Chains, size increases with each point on curve.

Nathan.Lyall

Hi,

I havn't been able to find any fixes for this online. Followed the tutorials to create a curve and then place a chain on it. When I add further points to my curve or add the chain to my curve when there are multiple points there it is extremely big. It doesn't seem to be adding more links as the curve gets longer. 

Pretty new to 3dCoat and having trouble finding what is wrong here. I've attach a screenshot with 2 points in the curve and then with 5 where you can see how big it gets. 

Cheers,

Nathan

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 5.01.17 pm copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 5.01.28 pm copy.jpg

I have performed the following steps in "3DCoat 4.8.38" under Windows and macOS:
Start  "3DCoat 4.8.38" > Voxel Sculpting > empty grid > tab "Curves" > select "Chain" > enter "Brush Radius = 20" > click several times (see the same results on the attached screenshots from Windows and macOS).
Try to reset your settings. Rename your user data folder "Finder > Go > Home > 3D-CoatV48" into something like "-----3D-CoatV48". Then start "3DCoat" which will create new user data folder "Finder > Go > Home > 3D-CoatV48". Then perform the steps above.
You can find the latest "3DCoat" here:
https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22364-3dcoat-48-beta-testing-thread/

Chain-Windows.jpg

Chain-macOS.jpg