3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Shader Preview Issues

Leigh

I have having some very annoying issues with shader preview icons not previewing correctly (see images).  At first it was happening with the Metal shader previews... which I have just put up with in the hope that they would be fixed after updating the software, but they are still not displaying correctly. 

Now my Polymer previews are also doing this after last night when I right clicked one of the Polymer shaders and either clicked on either Rename Shader, Construct New Shader or Edit Permanent Shader Settings (I can't remember which one). At first it was just the one preview that was not displaying correctly, I read the thread, https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22839-solved-shader-preview-problem/ so  tried right clicking and clicking Refresh this Preview... no luck, so tried right clicking and selecting Refresh All Previews... which caused ALL the Polymer shader previews to display incorrectly.

Any help would be appreciated!!  I am still a new user so maybe I just did something wrong?  Really love this software though for the main part! Thanks guys.

3DC Metal preview issue.JPG

3DC Polymer preview issue.JPG

6 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Are your graphic driver up to date ?

Carlosan - Yes graphics drivers are all up to date (I am running a GeForce GTX960). From the comments (those that are actually relevant to this thread!), I am not alone on this... the only other details I can recall are that I was in the Sculpt workspace working in voxel mode and right clicked a shader, selecting either Rename Shader, Construct New Shader or Edit Permanent Shader Settings (can't remember which), when it started happening.

Emi & Lizbot... I do not see how your comments relate to the heading of this thread (if it does and you have a potential solution, please let us know, if not, might be best to start another thread so people having similar issues as yours can find a solution easier or help you out. Thankyou)  :)

I used all of the default parameters Carlosan... using Windows 10. Also after installation I made sure not to launch from the popup window that appears after installation which states not to launch from it if you are using Windows 10.

Thanks Carlosan... that one works fine now.  I havent right clicked and tried to edit the shader or tried any of those options... which I think is what I did to break it originally. Let me know if you want me to test that as well.

MetalGold2.JPG

I am afraid that last option will be uninstall and delete manually all 3DC folders at programa files and documents. Make a copy first if you have any sensible info added as custom presets or smart materials.

Then install again.

If you like please send support-related question about this issue at

support@3dcoat.com

Thx

I was testing latest version and suddenly, after use Transpose tool all shaders turn black. 

After 2 restarts and unfroze all models shaders are ok again, very strange. 

Bug was reported, i hope dev team can find a solution onto next release.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Shader Preview Issues