3DCoat Forums

Lost all confidence in 3DC!

jacobo

• Advanced Member

It is with the utmost frustration and disillusionment that I'm writing this post right now. 

It is just heart breaking to see 3DC not progressing the way it should.

Half the time I sculpt in 3DC, I find myself having to correct artifacts produced by many of the brushes and that, I find to be utter madness!!!! Both in Voxel and in Surface mode, no matter how high I set the resolution, many of the brushes produce artifacts as you sculpt. Even after you resample, the artifacts remain needing to be cleaned up once more, only to be replaced by even more artifacts later on as you work. The Move tool is the number 1 culprit in this. The Voxel carve tool is so bad and so artifact prone that you just need to forget that it's even there... And many more...

And so many danged workflow quirks like transform gizmos having no grab distance at all, that you need to slow down and carefully select the axis right on the pixel in order not to do anything wrong, which you do at some point, inevitably.

Why? Why does not the quality of this software not going up? I just don't believe that I am the only user who suffers from these faults/quirks.

I've lost confidence in 3DC and Andrews's vision in developing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi !

Yes, we know this problem, it is in high priory to correct with new brush engine.

Currently development team are migrating "3DCoat" onto new Visual Studio 2019 under Windows to support newest C++ 11, and fixing compatibility with CUDA under Windows after migration.

After that they will rush to build the new brush engine.