3D Coat Forums
jima

Export not working from sculpt room as expected with my changed workflow

What I have been doing for a long time is importing an .obj file into the sculpt room in voxel mode, ramping up the resolution, and making changes and exporting the result as big honking .obj.  I would use surface tools mostly.  and get the results similar to what I was after.  My background is in nurbs modeling - not polygon modeling. I discovered subdivision modeling recently and love the idea of just adding detail where I need it rather than making the whole model with excessive resolution.  My problem is, when I export the model to .obj (under the same name or unique ones), I get a 1k byte file with no error displayed and no familiar input box prompting me to choose a resolution for the export.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you any help you can provide.

What version you was using? I tried that steps, but all works as expected. If you have any mode details, please write to andrewshpagin@gmail.com

4.8.32.  I am aware that options.xml can have an impact. But it is the exact same file for both versions.

Hi Jima

Have you contacted Andrew to solve this problem ?

Well, not yet. Because all of the  versions were 4.8, I think they are probably using the same settings. The time I can devote to 3dc is rather limited. Whenever I can find the time, I may circle back around to this. Fairly sure it is something I  am doing wrong since it works for everyone else.

Let me ask something.

Your steps are

File > Export > Selected object

Reduction Percent = 0

Right ?