3DCoat Forums

Mix sculpt and paint maps...

3dOxyd

Hi,

I only need simple things to do in 3DC: import textured meshes from Blender, paint on it, add some sculpt brushes and send back to Blender. I Use Applink v5.0 which is useful for that.
I've not understood the whole 3DC software but I succeeded in importing painted mesh, then importing sculpted mesh... but I've not found how to import both at the same time in order to display my model painted and sculpted. Moreover, assigning imported paint texture in Blender has no effect on the mesh: it remains grey (but I can assign any other material).
I surely missed something...

Philippe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Applink Developer

Hi Philippe!

So you goal is to bring mesh and textures from blender into 3d-coat. One way is that you bake your textures into file and open them in 3d-coat. Applink has bake settings. You only
need to select which textures you want to bake and applink will bake them when you hit the transfer button. Could this be helpful in your case. And sorry that I haven't replied ealier.

bake.png.23a0cdef105307eea7f9e07ab068e99c.png

Edited by haikalle