3DCoat Forums

License Confusion.

Gary Dave

• Advanced Member

Hello! I've got a bit of an annoying issue with 3d coat thinking my license is being ran elsewhere.

I use 3d Coat via Steam, and I installed it on a friends computer (via my own steam account) to test a graphic tablet issue. Problem is, they already have 3dc, but I could not access their steam, so I installed mine instead.

When I was done, I uninstalled my 3dc from their computer, and signed out of my steam.

Now, when either of us launch 3dc at the same time (different licenses), we both get the pop-up that says the license is being used elsewhere. I have a feeling when I installed my 3dc via my own steam on their computer, it overwrote their license?

I've asked that they uninstall their 3d coat, in the hopes that it would wipe any license info, and then they can freshly install (again, their own license, not mine).

But this hasn't worked, perhaps something gets left behind when uninstalling?

Will I need to go digging through the registry on my friends computer or something?