3DCoat Forums

3dcoat export to 3ds max applink with multiple objects issue

MariuszKolo

• Advanced Member

Hi,

Since export constructor in 3d coat have to be disabled by tutorial recommendation to export to 3ds max applink
how to make it possible to export 20 paint objects with different uv sets at ones?

Would someone be so kind and explain it how to do it or maybe add feature to applink
to be able to use constructor with multiple paint objects and based of names of paint objects and corresponding export folder for them 
create and assign Vray 3.6 shaders in 3ds max 2018 with help of applink ?

I
watched youtube tutorials for max applink 2.1 and tested it.
The included preset in Applink 2.1 for Vray don't work in my end and I tried to create a custom one without success.
Even if I don't use export constructor and I would like to export 20 paint object at once the applink and preset don't work how it should.
Tutorials also don't show the case where you would like to transfer let say 20 paint object with diffuse, IOR, glossiness,  specular color, and normal map at ones in 3ds max.

I am using 3d coat 4.8.37 for VFX with 3ds max 2018+vray3.6 and most of the time I have to transfer
multiple paint objects with multiple UV sets and textures at once between apps.
The textures have to have unique prefix in the names based of paint object name.
Currently I am exporting them from 3d coat with export constructor and I am building shader networks in 3ds max manually but it is a huge waste of time. 
There have to be a way to automate it.

Could someone from applink developers could contact me and we could together figure it out?

Best regards

Mariusz