3DCoat Forums

Brush to un smooth areas

co3Darts

Is there a brush that will enhance existing detail by creasing concave areas and or sharpening convex edges?  I'm looking through the manual and don't see a brush specifically for this?  I have a model I had the way I wanted but had to do some boolean operations and convert surface to voxel for boolean to work.  Now I have a surface that booleaned properly and again converted to a surface but in the process of voxelizing and I did voxelize very high x32 I believe before going to surface, I've lost detail in the model I want to get back.

Thanks in advance!

Detal lost.JPG

Detal wanted back.JPG

It's hard to see but the first pic of the feet and laces is smoother than the second pic slightly and is going to be 3d printed soon.

I'm looking for a brush setup that is similar to the "amplify" or "contrast" brush in mudbox I suppose.

Edited by co3Darts

Hi 

There isnt a tool to perform that task automatically.

And switching from surface mode to voxel mode keeping details... you need to increase to very high values the voxel density polycount on the layer before switching modes to keep all details.