3DCoat Forums

3DC curves beta usage question and concern.

Hi,

I have been a user of 3DC since about 2012. I stopped using it in so much in 2017, but decided to revisit it now and see how things are going... I discovered I have missed some of its features!

1) I would rather put this question in the 4.8 curves beta thread in the beta thread, but it looks like I can't add topics there...

Question: How do I join two curves with the new tools? I can see four promising looking buttons at the end of the new tools palette, but I can't get them to join or detach anything (well any curve)? (4.38) [4.40 crashes for me at the moment.]

2) I still see the curve stepping issue with the new curves when using tools such as "voxel cut". I have tried smoothing the curve, but it still seems to happen to some degree. New curves are excellent, but this is a real problem for HS. Is a fix on the horizon?

3) I have my curves sets to snap to surface, but I still have to "snap to surface" them individually after creation. A quite tedious operation. Am I missing something?

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Mkne