3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Is there a quick way to grab my sculpt heightmap ?

polynut

• Advanced Member

I know there is the make brush from object but i am looking for something similar to zbrush grab alpha since it is quicker then having to export my sculpt as obj and reloading it to make an alpha.

It's counter productive if you have to do this for many objects. I want to be able to quickly sculpt a symbol and grab it's heightmap to save as a brush or stencil?

Since the make brush from object is already in 3d coat there must be a way to get it to work directly on current object no?

Thank for any help since the documentation is not helping me here.

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, polynut said:

I know there is the make brush from object but i am looking for something similar to zbrush grab alpha since it is quicker then having to export my sculpt as obj and reloading it to make an alpha.

It's counter productive if you have to do this for many objects. I want to be able to quickly sculpt a symbol and grab it's heightmap to save as a brush or stencil?

Since the make brush from object is already in 3d coat there must be a way to get it to work directly on current object no?

Thank for any help since the documentation is not helping me here.

Not really, but you can always drag and drop a layer/object into your MODELS pallet, which creates an OBJ file in seconds. The location of that Models folder is MY DOCS/3DCOAT 4.8/VOX STAMPS/MODELS. If you want to create a brush from that, just click the + icon in the Brush Alpha pallet and locate that model OBJ file.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Not really, but you can always drag and drop a layer/object into your MODELS pallet, which creates an OBJ file in seconds. The location of that Models folder is MY DOCS/3DCOAT 4.8/VOX STAMPS/MODELS. If you want to create a brush from that, just click the + icon in the Brush Alpha pallet and locate that model OBJ file.

Thank AbnRanger didnt thought about using layer for this but it will surely be faster than export/import back!

• Advanced Member

OK i was trying to do this but i am struggling to find how to drag and drop that object in the 3d model palette, i tried drag and dropping by clicking the voxel layer but it doesnt seem to work and i tried dragging the object from the viewport to the object palette without success, any hint how this work?

Edit : Figure it out and here a picture to help others :

drag and drop layer to model palette.jpg

Edited by polynut
solved
  • Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Is there a quick way to grab my sculpt heightmap ?