3DCoat Forums

Akeytsu Discussion Corner

• Advanced Member

Hi everyone !

I'm Etienne Beschet (aka Vexod14) from the Nukeygara team, creators of Akeytsu, (a (super awesome) animation software ;)), so here is a dedicated topic if you want to share your thoughts and experiences about it =)

By the way we now have discord+instagram official accounts, feel free to join us =D

2115941574_Annonceinsta-2-3.thumb.png.4aea3e35967869a9e389a80a1d330763.png

There's also an official forum here (please use it for bug reports and wanted features as much as possible ;):  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nukeygara/
Get Akeytsu here : https://www.nukeygara.com/try

Have great day all !

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Some of the whole set of animations done with Akeytsu for our little fan project Star Wars Redemption =)

Textures are mostly made with 3DCoat, plus a very little touche of Photoshop/ZBrush ;) Still a great pleasure to paint all these with such a cool software

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Just in case you'd like to get your hands on Akeytsu (and see some models textured with 3DCoat ;)), trials are temporarily extended up to two months =)

Aucune description de photo disponible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi !

A few months back we unveiled our development roadmap with three major updates for rigging and 3D animation software akeytsu. Our goal this year  is to fulfil the 3D animation needs of mid-sized studios with an accessible, permissive, efficient all inclusive toolbox.

Speaking with our users and consulting with external studios we have chosen to focus on the following areas of improvements: advanced controllers, automation, cinematic tools and of course behind-the-scene tech maintenance.

The roadmap for 2020 breaks down as follows:                           

PACK 1 – End April: Auto-Rigger, Audio Support, Looker, FBX importer / exporter overhaul

PACK 2 – July / August: Space Switching, Re-targeting, Cameras, Global IK Solving

PACK 3 – October / November: Meta-Controllers, Roll Joints

In 2019, we released many new updates such as Additive Layers, Geodesic Voxel Binding, Joint Light display mode, Blendshape Controls, Tween Machine, and Customisation options as well as many other software enhancements to expand akeytsu’s toolset. Here is the 2019 Feature Trailer : 

The team is committed to continuously bring improvements into akeytsu and push for higher quality and better performance. We are aiming for three major releases every year. 

You can read more about akeytsu’s 2020 roadmap here: https://www.nukeygara.com/blog/dev-roadmap-2020

This original post was made by Alyona from the Nukeygara Team

NB you may recognize a few characters I did here ;) all of them are fully textured with 3DCoat

• Reputable Contributor
24 minutes ago, Vexod14 said:

Hi !

A few months back we unveiled our development roadmap with three major updates for rigging and 3D animation software akeytsu. Our goal this year  is to fulfil the 3D animation needs of mid-sized studios with an accessible, permissive, efficient all inclusive toolbox.

Speaking with our users and consulting with external studios we have chosen to focus on the following areas of improvements: advanced controllers, automation, cinematic tools and of course behind-the-scene tech maintenance.

The roadmap for 2020 breaks down as follows:                           

PACK 1 – End April: Auto-Rigger, Audio Support, Looker, FBX importer / exporter overhaul

PACK 2 – July / August: Space Switching, Re-targeting, Cameras, Global IK Solving

PACK 3 – October / November: Meta-Controllers, Roll Joints

In 2019, we released many new updates such as Additive Layers, Geodesic Voxel Binding, Joint Light display mode, Blendshape Controls, Tween Machine, and Customisation options as well as many other software enhancements to expand akeytsu’s toolset. Here is the 2019 Feature Trailer : 

The team is committed to continuously bring improvements into akeytsu and push for higher quality and better performance. We are aiming for three major releases every year. 

You can read more about akeytsu’s 2020 roadmap here: https://www.nukeygara.com/blog/dev-roadmap-2020

This original post was made by Alyona from the Nukeygara Team

NB you may recognize a few characters I did here ;) all of them are fully textured with 3DCoat

I really think it would be cool to see Akeytsu partner in some way with Pilgway, to offer an integrated version inside 3DCoat....especially since there is supposed to be a new render engine coming in 3DCoat 2020. 

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

I really think it would be cool to see Akeytsu partner in some way with Pilgway, to offer an integrated version inside 3DCoat....especially since there is supposed to be a new render engine coming in 3DCoat 2020. 

I can't speak in behalf of Nukeygara on this point, but as a 3DCoat & Akeytsu user/lover I agree with you about making a partnership, it could be nice !

• Advanced Member

@AbnRanger by the way, I didn't react on "especially since there is supposed to be a new render engine coming in 3DCoat 2020"

Are you teasing the community ? ;)

Can't wait to see that !

Edited by Vexod14

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, Vexod14 said:

@AbnRanger by the way, I didn't react on "especially since there is supposed to be a new render engine coming in 3DCoat 2020"

Are you teasing the community ? ;)

Can't wait to see that !

No teasing. There should be a new Path-Tracing render engine. I think the way some of these big new features are being handled is that the developers working on them, have their own individual builds they are working on, and these haven't made it into the main 4.9.xx builds. The New Curves Beta is the exception, and even then, some new additions they may leak in the videos, haven't yet made it into the main builds. And example of this is the "Create Quad Mesh From Curves" video. That hasn't made it into the main build, yet, but it might in the next one.

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the precision !
Also, if I may ask you, when can we expect a V5.0 of 3DCoat ?

• Reputable Contributor
9 hours ago, Vexod14 said:

Thanks for the precision !
Also, if I may ask you, when can we expect a V5.0 of 3DCoat ?

I don't think even Andrew knows. I think they are aiming for early or late summer. It probably depends on how ready some of the major features are.

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor

...and the whole reason I bring up the notion of collaboration is:

1) 3D Coat could really use a decent rigging tool, even if it's simplistic and used for Posing. The Pose tool is great in it's own right, but for Character Posing, it's just not very efficient compared to a system like you see in Mudbox and ZBrush

2) Companies merge or partner up (collaborate) all the time. One recent example is Octane partnering with JangaFX, based on the standalone VFX app EmberGen FX

I would gladly buy an Akeytsu license if it were integrated in 3DCoat, somehow. That could be a stellar partnership, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Sorry for late reply, but yeah I get your point. Partnership could be really interesting. At the moment I'm using both tools to make my assets and that's good enough to achieve what I need (btw I still didn't get the time to dig into 3DCoat -awesome- sculpting tools, I remain a super big fan of the texture paint room )

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

We're going on sale for the summer with a SPECIAL 50% DISCOUNT on Indie Annual Subcriptions - Ends July 9th!

Start keyframe animation now at https://www.nukeygara.com/get-license-indie

#akeytsu #3danimation #keyframes #animation #learnanimation #animator #characteranimation #gamedev #indiedev

25_06_SummerSales_Extra_ExtendedBanner_1

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Had some fun animating this =)

Textures 100% done with 3DCoat of course ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Its hard to be interested in any of these updates at this point. I bought into the early access on steam, which sold itself as a chance to get a "great introductory price" ($80) for software that they claimed would get significant "production ready" features as time goes on.

Well, all those production ready updates came years later (often after they teased them in the forums and on the steam hub), only now they wanted to charge those early access people once more to get the very thing they sold them on back during early access. They have the gall to frame the additional $130 upgrade charge as "loyalty offer". Such a slap in the face to their customers.

That's pretty close to being a bait and switch scheme, and its disgusting. They tried to generate early access sales as an investment for future updates, only to hold off on all the production necessary updates in order to put them behind another paywall, which basically made the early access buy in pointless. It was an outright marketing scam, and I can't trust a company that is not honest with their sale practices.

The $80 Early Access price, marketed as a "super discount" with the most necessary updates are literally being held behind an additional $130 upgrade aka "loyalty offer" price. That puts it at $210 total. That's not far from what they are asking for it now as a non-upgrade ($240). The early access price was clearly not a major discount at that point, especially not the 50%+ they advertised back then and the additional upgrade charge is clearly not a "loyalty discount" either. Just bait and switch. It was all pointless.

Anyways it was a really piss poor marketing move that only ensures I don't want to buy anything else being offered.  I'm not the only one to felt this way after they pulled this stunt, judging by their steam forum. Some users are finding serious bugs  which they are essentially told they have to keep paying into the new version to get them fixed. Many of these bugs were not even present in the initial release either.

These people have astoundingly bad optics and working with them might not necessarily be a good idea as partnerships should ideally be done with groups that have good character and honest marketing, but hey that's just my opinion and experience so far.

Edited by RabenWulf
  • Like 1

I'm with Rabenwulf on this..  Let me add-to/back-up Rabenwulf's post.
My use of language will not be as refined.. I'll focus on elaborating in a more primitive use of language.
--
I bought in early access as they made alot of marketing promises and regular promises for various improvements before they'd make a paid-upgrade tier occur.
....Every step Nukeygara took, was a bad step. They kept pushing their userbase away.  
1. failing to provide half of the basics of their marketing and promises they made to the E.A. users.
2. trying to get upgrade fees of more than $130 by forcing a Mac version as the "feature"  ..which makes NO sense!   It was like rebuying Akeytsu for a platform that 80%-90% of us don't need! ..that's "a new product", not "a new version for paid upgrade"
3. then the hostage-bug-fixes that came along with the new "version" aka: Mac version fiasco; 
..those bug fixes were not provided to anyone who didn't pay for the new version.
• At this point, You'd need to pay them an additional $130 or $140, PLUS many of us non-EU citizens were being asked to pay a 20% VAT(which is another insane thing I'll finish with that info).. JUST TO GET WHAT WE WERE MARKETED AS EARLY ADOPTERS.

About VAT issue;
they've been charging non-EU citizens VA TAX 20%, and after they noticed their system was not working properly, they haven't offered to refund that money to non EU citizens who paid it (thinking it was a required tax for all).

Nukeygara;  1.5 out of 5
Akeytsu; 3.25 out of 5

Apologies for posting this here,  I simply felt that everyone should be aware of how Nukeygara does business. 
Enjoy your week everyone.

@RabenWulf  perhaps we should collect the voices of the Early Adopters and attempt to get satisfaction for the E.A.s.

Edited by erb
suggestion added, to Raben
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, erb said:

@RabenWulf  perhaps we should collect the voices of the Early Adopters and attempt to get satisfaction for the E.A.s.

I'd be up for signing a petition or adding a signature as long as we can get enough of the "Early Access" people to get on board. Heck even those who bought after EA were misled, so their frustration counts as well.  Even though I say all of this, I don't really have much hope in it doing anything, when we buy in to EA we are also taking a risk, and I have no idea if Valve will take the effort to deal with their bait and switch. A lot of people have gotten screwed over with EA titles, but its worth a try to get something going and over to Valve either way.

The best we can do in the meantime however is warn others of Akeytsu's horrible business practice and behavior. How they treat their customers and their willingness to abuse the consumer-developer expectation of respect and trust. Let them know we are rightly pissed off and that any good will they created at first was thrown away. That causing the software to get more buggy over time and then hold those fixes hostage, that lying about whats coming for early access buyers, that encouraging sales for features they wont get until they pay once more, is not acceptable.

On that note, it looks like they will get some competition in the stand alone rigging/animation front (aside from the old Messiah Studio) via Cascadeur. Unlike Akeytsu, the interface is actually modern and followed normal GUI paradigms. They are also offering the product for free for early adopteres, which is a nice olive branch to future consumers. Take note Akeytsu, this is how you do it. I can see this software easily overtaking any ground Akeytsu has made so far and it would be well earned given the way Akeytsu has behaved since EA.

Edited by RabenWulf

( I purchased directly from Nukeygara. )
Thx for pointing out Cascadeur.

I think that's where all of their EAs/v1 buyers stand/opinion, ..we're all upset, frustrated, ..but we don't want to exert more energy on it as we don't expect these types of people to make good on anything.

Any company that tries to force upgrade fees because they added a new platform .. ::mind blown:: .. I've never seen that before.

Enjoy your week RabenWulf

Edited by erb

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Anim done with akeytsu =) Still super fun to do especialy using ghosts system to track this little fairy movement ;)

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Who wanted a walk tutorial on Akeytsu ? =D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Hello there !

I wanted to make a big shot of every character I've made using 3DCoat+Akeytsu, no to mention that more characters will come using the same pipeline OF COURSE, since I'm so much in love with both (render was done using Marmoset Toolbag)

736523507_Vexod14Akeytsu_LOW.thumb.jpg.18f1013612c5221480eef1eaa014d00b.jpg

• Like 5

• New User

Hi there,

Nukeygara CEO here going down into the pit to set some things straight.

1. It was never anyone's intention at Nukeygara to scheme and trick users into paying more than what we had to offer at the time. In the realm of 3D software, akeytsu is one of the most dynamic program with 3 major updates delivered each year. With 2020.3 around the corner we should be, by end November, in a position to claim that we've achieved 80-90% of our roadmap two years in a row with much less resources than big players. We just ask to be rewarded fairly for what we consider honest work.
  2. While we often said/wrote we would answer community requests and bring expected features to akeytsu we always refrained from committing to a specific date in time or a version number. We are but a small company trying to get the best 3D animation software we can think of off the ground. There's still a long winding road ahead of us and in many aspects we ask our users to embark on a journey with us as we navigate towards the final destination.
  3. As explained on our official forums we never held off on something that was ready to go live to satisfy some grand and ingenious business plan. If anything we are much closer to just-in-time production to bring new stuff to users as soon as possible which can sometimes be tough on our devs as we always strive to deliver, in a short timeframe, something that is not only functional but has above-the-bar UX.
  4. $80 Early Access Price + $130 Upgrade price (possibly $100 if purchased on discount) = $210 ($180 if purchased on discount) for a perpetual licence is great value for the feature set we have to offer right now. No matter how you look at it. They'll also be plenty of promotional offers during the end of the year to get everything we shipped in 2020 at a bargain price. That includes the loyalty upgrade on Steam.
  5. In the unlikely event of a bug for which we have no workaround for in the user's version we always upgrade him/her to a more recent version whenever this fixes the issue. A bug should not be mistaken for an non-developed feature. Please contact support through our help center if you'd like to bring something to our attention.
  6. Regarding the VAT issue for non-EU users, we apologize for this and quickly solved it as soon as it was reported. In the process of evolving our back-end system some users were mistakenly assigned France as a default country  which caused our checkout process to malfunction.  Please contact support here to be compensated if you were affected. We will obiously make up for anything we charged for the wrong reasons. Always.
  7. We like our GUI paradigm which, in our view, is much more interactive and playful than other programs out there. That being said we can always do better. Lately all hands on deck worked on bringing new functionalities in akeytsu (including som much expected and requested contraints). After that's done we've planned major UI improvement in 2021 to make it even more readable and accessible to someone who is not familiar with it.
  8. Some of the words written on this thread are borderline slander and negatively affected members of the team who work daily to make akeytsu a better piece of software. I hope that, in the future, everyone will be on their best behaviour when writing on this thread.

Best,

Charly

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Proud to announce that our Akeyboy v2 has been freshly painted on 3DCoat https://www.artstation.com/artwork/18Ra3G

Many thanks to both softwares for their extreme simplicity to use, I love how it lets you be as creative as you need to, make tests...etc with a lot of fun during the process =)

etienne-beschet-akeyboy-akeytsu-vexod14-

etienne-beschet-cha-akeyboy-textures.jpg

Can't wait to try out the 2021 version of my favourite Texturing software

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Latest character, made with 3DCoat akeytsu and Marmoset ;) https://www.artstation.com/artwork/w64ZaY

etienne-beschet-cha-clonetrooper-phase-2etienne-beschet-cha-clonetrooper-phase-2etienne-beschet-cha-clonetrooper-phase-2etienne-beschet-cha-clonetrooper-phase-2

Little run cycle made on this guy on Akeytsu =)

Edited by Vexod14
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Hello folks !

Here's the last character I've made for Akeytsu (with help of 3DCoat on retopo and texturing as always ;)), it was the occasion to sculpt more freely than I used to on a organic model =)

Full project link https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QrxgdL

etienne-beschet-cha-petrustaurus-thumbna
etienne-beschet-cha-petrustaurus-wirefra
etienne-beschet-cha-petrustaurus-sculpt-
etienne-beschet-cha-petrustaurus-sculpt-
etienne-beschet-cha-petrustaurus-texture

Made with :
- ZBrush (Sculpt)
- 3dsMax (Modeling/UVs)
- 3DCoat (Retopo/PBR Textures)
- Akeytsu (Rig/Skin/Anim)
- Marmoset Toolbag (Bake/Lighting/Render)
Special thanks to my old anatomy teacher & mentor, Jean-Baptiste Reynaud for his precious help on anatomy part explanation

I've made this model based on a concept art by Guillaume Normand https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EVn2a0 to serve as a quadruped demo model for Akeytsu, a super cool animation software made in Lyon, FR (yep, we're quite proud of that ;))

In case it wasn't obvious, yep, I LOVE this toolset a lot

This new dude allows you to see that not only biped characters are possible to rig & animate in Akeytsu, but also a wider range of anim-able (things ? ^^"). I'm personnaly using it since 2016 and I've rigged all my lil puppets with it =)

Don't hesitate to try it !

• Like 2