3DCoat Forums

Akeytsu Discussion Corner

Nukeygara has launched Akeytsu 2020.3.6 bringing some great new possibilities.

widen_920x0.jpeg
The update is said to improve mirroring: when mirroring in rigging mode, Akeytsu will now make sure that the generated half-skeleton is fully compatible with other third-party tools. The team has changed the symmetry used to mirror orientations for better integration. The team also noted that they improved the behavior of their mirroring function in animation mode.
606fee1fe9e2c.gif

The update also introduces a new Unlit rendering mode letting users see the silhouette of a character during animation, and more. Learn all about the update here

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Skin variant made with 3D-coat, anim made with akeytsu and render with Marmoset Toolbag 4

Here are a bit more details on this new skin :

Presentation_Store_Mevenn-Sith.jpg

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

Another one =)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Release_2020_3_8_Steam_SteamBanner_large_2108-460.thumb.jpg.dd0db8aa9f0679ae464c92ab7719174e.jpg

New release ! https://www.nukeygara.com/blog/news/2020-3-8-white-release

We are bringing existing features to the desired quality level with this patch. While these were functional when pushed they needed more work to match akeytsu's easy-to-use DNA. This includes a rework of our Space Switching workflow which is now much more intuitive and easy to set up within exsiting animation layers rather than a separate one. We have also refined our Ghosts so that they be displayed correctly when previewing cameras. 

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Hi (again ^^), I wanted to share the few shots I've animated quite recently with akeytsu for a cinematic trailer on my personnal project "Star Wars - Redemption" (trailer is still in production)
Every texture of the project has been made with 3DCoat, as for akeytsu, this software plays a core-part in the artistic design of the project and I couldn't dream having better softwares to achieve animation, rig, skinning and textures. In case I never said that : thank you guys from Nukeygara & Pilgway

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Hello there,

I'd like to bring to your attention that akeytsu has recently changed its pricing, and is now free to use. You can learn more about this news here on the official website :

https://www.nukeygara.com/blog/news/a-new-page-for-akeytsu

Note : as the free version is temporarily the educational one, you need to provide a file (any image will work, please refrain from sending borderline content of course)

If you don't know "akeytsu", it's a standalone rigging, skinning & animation software. It offers an efficient toolset for a great user experience, its goal is to reduce technical steps required to start animating an asset. 

Last year, I made the following trailer on top of my daytime job. All except procedural animation (like foliage or explosions VFX) has been made with akeytsu. A friend helped me with a sequence of 5 shots, he usually animates on Maya and he found the workflow here really excellent

I recently made a comparison between what's animated on akeytsu and the final shot, so you can figure out a bit better how it's done

Finally, I want to express that akeytsu is not made only for animators, I've been making mostly 3D environments & characters for years, and learned animation through this wonderful software. Now I rig every asset I can, for projects and/or portfolio. I think it always makes a difference when having an idle (even simple) to present your own work, as it gives more soul to your characters

I wish you all the best with it !

Des Bisous ♥

Edited by Vexod14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1