3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Help Flip Environmental lighting or model in paint room

Ascensi

• Contributor

I've got models that need to be painted and seen with environmental lighting on the bottom from particular profiles. I'd like to be able to flip the existing lighting profile  but it currently only gives me the ability to rotate the lighting angle. I'd be  happy if i could flip/rotate the model while in paint room but it seems I can only do that with the camera. Any help would be appreciated.. I'f tried searching for answers but all that comes up is about rotating the camera which doesn't help me in this case.

• Contributor
21 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

Flips is a command not available currently. You need to flip a copy using an external app and switch between.

Thanks for the quick response. I've been looking for the folder that contains the exr file to make a copy and flip it but I couldn't locate the folder and I also read that changing/converting a file may remove the lighting data. Could you direct me to where the panoramas are located?  I'm using Windows 10.  I wish we could just right click on any of the panoramas then have the command "open file location".

Edited by Ascensi

• Contributor
9 hours ago, Carlosan said:

File location:

C:\Users\username\Documents\3D-CoatV48\Panoramas

Free soft to edit exr

https://www.gimp.org/

No such folder in my documents but I looked into the installation folder and searched for panoramas and I found them in "panoramas_ggx2" folder in .dds format. I looked the format up and it is stated that I can edit them with Gimp : "Launch GIMP, click the “File” menu and click “Open.” Click the “All Images” menu and select “DDS image *.dds” to filter out all file types except for DDS. Select the file you wish to edit and click the “Open” button."

Would this create problems or is this the correct folder to edit the environment maps? thanks again.

• Contributor
On 6/21/2019 at 7:14 PM, Carlosan said:

Not problem at all.

Well I flipped all the files of one map except .lights  -unknown to me and basically when I view the map in 3Dcoat it has the look as if the normals are flipped.. Anyway this process tedious and daunting/advanced.  I hope @Andrew Shpagin would be willing to add a environment map flip & rotate feature so that we can work on models with the exact kind of lighting on any side of a model.

Edited by Ascensi

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Help Flip Environmental lighting or model in paint room